75hp DDP injectors- Why so dirty??

jgsturbo

caveman
Holy hell do these injectors haze with the smallest hint of throttle.
They don't light an HX35/S475 combo very well either but sure leave a 100ft trail of black even half throttle. Edge Juice turned to 0 with no pre-spool either.
:st:
They smoke way worse than 200HP mach5s, super dirty.
Kind of scared to hook to a load as much as they oral just free reving :doh:
Something wrong/abnormal or are these normally Cole Oraling Specials?

Are you sure that's what they are? Weird egt's? I'm not really a fan of DDP, but they are a quality injector so I would expect something else is the issue but it wouldn't hurt to pull them and have them checked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I ran DDP 75's on my 12v for awhile and they were fine. Only issues I had were over time as they wore and got smokey.
Higher timing can make for more low end smoke and lag. A tight converter can make this worse. Might be worthwhile checking the pop-off pressure too. The 12v ones I got were set a little high which helped with smoke.

Pop pressure with a DDP injector will be all over the place. Every Set I have owned had Honing material left in the nozzles clogging holes. I would have another shop clean them and reset pop on them to 280-290bar

they are honed injectors, so brushing the nozzles is not an option though

Bought brand new from DDP. Its an SO VP so I assume stock timing.
EGTs are around 1100 at wot / 42psi (juice on 3).

I will concede the converter is 1500 stall and it drags a bit (issues). But I didn't expect them to haze so bad with a little free revving in N. Idles at 330egt.

Not in a hurry to swap injectors , got to fix my converter problems first.

I'd rather swap them for some F1 Mach2s , I really want this truck as clean as possible and seems like I need a bit more fuel. I wanted 100s originally.

Last edited:
Bought brand new from DDP. Its an SO VP so I assume stock timing.
EGTs are around 1100 at wot / 42psi (juice on 3).

I will concede the converter is 1500 stall and it drags a bit (issues). But I didn't expect them to haze so bad with a little free revving in N. Idles at 330egt.

Not in a hurry to swap injectors , got to fix my converter problems first.

I'd rather swap them for some F1 Mach2s , I really want this truck as clean as possible and seems like I need a bit more fuel. I wanted 100s originally.

you could run 3's or 4's and still have a really clean setup

Tow performance would be my concern , I need to tow 10k every once in a while.

I tow more than that with a way bigger injector. You have enough air that your options are pretty open.

Same here. I run a 6x.013 with that setup and no issues towing. With 7x.010s it was practically smokeless and towed anything you pleased with no issues

Sent from my Saxaphone

Pop pressure with a DDP injector will be all over the place. Every Set I have owned had Honing material left in the nozzles clogging holes. I would have another shop clean them and reset pop on them to 280-290bar

so when getting DDP's should you always have them double checked? mine seem do be doing fine

so when getting DDP's should you always have them double checked? mine seem do be doing fine

mine seems fine as well, even made 485HP (DDP4) on the dyno. but there was probably more to had if I had checked them prior. as well as another set I have. It's never a bad thing to have a shop double check injectors before installing them.

you could definitely use more injector anyway...75hp injectors are a bit small for hx35/475... do at leas a 7x.010 and you should be in good shape :Cheer:

Last edited:
I tow more than that with a way bigger injector. You have enough air that your options are pretty open.

agreed. a max of 1100* tells me there cleaning up easy with boost.

DDP's are a bit hazey for my liking but i run them on a CR w/efi we can clean them up. 2nd gen not so much with the VP

whats the wastegate setup if any?

Waste gate... check.

My converter issue seems much better now but still hazes like an oraler...

Attachments

• rps20130723_082902_747.jpg
    rps20130723_082902_747.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
Found a rather noisy boost leak, clamp wasn't tight.
Still Oralin Cole :doh: for the top half of the skinny pedal.
Cleans up to 950 deg EGTs now LOL.

Mach4s on order.

I woulda gone bigger haha...Oh wait..I did! :doh: :D

6x.013 + SOVP44 + compounds = almost as good as sex!

Back