7x.012 to 6x.015 difference?

2001cummins

Costly
I will be switching to a 6x15 hole injector and wondering if there is a noticeable difference in power over a 7x12?

about to do the same from 7x10 to either a 6 x16 or 6 x15 injector from ducky. the theory that i have heard past around is that the 6 hole gives the benefit to penetrate boost better

you should see a good bump in power from just the csa alone. hard to say without knowing the entire set up what exactly you will see. watch the cone angle on the 6 hole stuff, some like to use a wide cone nozzle.

sorry I have no personal experience with that box. just tst and edge.

I switched from some old 8x.014s to Schied lighting 3's, 6x.015s, and noticed a huge difference. Turbos come up way quicker, but I have to turn off my Comp at the line to spool or it'll flood it out bad. Once I have 10pis, I turn the box back on and let it rip. Went from running 12.20s to 11.80s too.

I switched from some old 8x.014s to Schied lighting 3's, 6x.015s, and noticed a huge difference. Turbos come up way quicker, but I have to turn off my Comp at the line to spool or it'll flood it out bad. Once I have 10pis, I turn the box back on and let it rip. Went from running 12.20s to 11.80s too.

Have you tried turning the sub settings down on the comp box? I don't have any experience with that big of an injector but I know with mine on 5x5 it would drown it down low so I started runnin it on 5x1 or 5x2 and it helped a lot

Yes. Even turned down it'll try and flood it, but it will spool it slowly. It's quicker to turn the box off and bring it up and turn it back on, it's just one button to push . I have a very small jet I can spray to spool it even quicker, but rarely need it.

I was told to turn the redline down. I have been running it at 92%.

You will have to turn it down. I ran mine on 72. You just need to turn it down to where it doesn't cut out. If I turned it up past that it would start popping and sputtering.

Have you tried turning the sub settings down on the comp box? I don't have any experience with that big of an injector but I know with mine on 5x5 it would drown it down low so I started runnin it on 5x1 or 5x2 and it helped a lot

VPs with big injectors need all the timing a box can give or it will take for ever to spool. or...*nx*

I had a smarty stacked with mine. It definitely helped light a little quicker but if you floored it from a stop it would just drown it worse. I took the comp off and sold the smarty because I got a new vp a while back and I want to keep the warranty. So I'm just runnin a MVP for now. I want to stack a tst comp with it but nobody will buy my edge. I might be wrong but you can't run a comp box and MVP together right? Since the both add timin. But I could be wrong. I always just ran my smart on even numbers for fuel only

The tst comp doesn't do timing, fuel only. A vp will only allow so much timing anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I know the tst doesn't add timing I was talkin about the edge and MVP stacked. The smartys good on low end but to be honest I like my mvp way better. Nice smooth power curve and does pretty good on top end. And only takes about 10 minutes to install it

I have as smarty to run with it. Or would a mvp work better?

Keep the smarty and try it. Try it on 5 or 7 and see where it goes. Mine liked 7. It added just enough to bring it up to 17psi boost and stay there. If I put it on 9 it would just go wide open, to hard to stage. With it on 5, it would only get to about 9 psi and stop.

Yeah I ran mine on 8 for a long time and just turned the edge on when I needed it, but then it got where it wanted to surge really bad on a hard pull so I dropped the smarty down to 6 and never had another problem. Ran smooth as silk for over a year till I took them both off

I don't understand vp's very well, but if a tune is flooding it, can't you just let out of the throttle a little bit?

I don't understand vp's very well, but if a tune is flooding it, can't you just let out of the throttle a little bit?

If my edge was all the way up that's what I always had to do. Even with just 150's it would drown it if I floored it. Just had to roll in to it till it started to light a little then hit it.

Back