8000lb Classic Diesel

oldschoolPSD

My Trucks are Obsolete
Well the guys over at Tuckahoe Steam and Gas are kicking around the idea of a Classic Diesel class. The tenetive rules are 8000lb single turbo trucks with no water, nitrous, or propane built before 1998. We already have enough guys to make a class out of it, but what does everyone think? Will there be a enough trucks to keep this class for next season? Will this idea catch on?

Personally I love the idea because it allows a place for older low-buck trucks to be competitive, more of the backyard pump tuners than the plug an play newer trucks.

Dodges had P-Pumps from 94-98. If you keep stock turbos, the others may have a chance.

I tried to tell them that, but stock turbos is a rule thats real hard for a bunch of old antique tractor pullers to enforce. I'd like to see it get put in there, even if it is just on the honor system.

You boys throwin' a 12v together? I need to get on the phone about that stock turbo rule:hehe:

btw, more air, a twin disc, and a new bumper are in the works for "The Tank" haha! We're gonna see what an old rotary pump truck will do...

what's that hose that's hooked up to that oldps? cheating gas:poke: :hehe:

Duster 5.9 said:
what's that hose that's hooked up to that oldps? cheating gas:poke: :hehe:

had somethin' to do with this
l_faf4e4e5647e190e0b9218b5982aa391.jpg

and this

l_3e4d0ccb3f4d07214bc2ef127f6047e8.jpg

Little valve float at a western maryland pull early in the year, before my HPOP took a dump.

gonna have to be a turbo rule or no offense but there wont be a non Super duty PS or old 6.5 chevy that can hang with the 12v's

there will always be the dodge guys who run a Holset 35/40 hybrid, and such, but thats still only good for mid 400's hp with some really high EGT's, but then you cant tell me that the ford guys dont change out compressor wheels, or complete turbos with bigger ones that still look stock from other IH motors or big equipment. A properly built 12v with a s300 variant or a bushed down s400 is going to be in the 600-700hp range, so the turbo rule could very easily make it a fair and fun class for the owners of those trucks!

oldschoolPSD said:
You boys throwin' a 12v together? I need to get on the phone about that stock turbo rule:hehe:

btw, more air, a twin disc, and a new bumper are in the works for "The Tank" haha! We're gonna see what an old rotary pump truck will do...

He(The Tank) better be putting on some kind of hitch attached to his frame instead of that putting a bumper back on. Was that the same clutch he pulled with last time at Tuckahoe, cause if I remember he smoked it then too!

And yes it is a good idea about the 98 and older diesels, it'll let some guys have a better chance:evil

behrdzl said:
He(The Tank) better be putting on some kind of hitch attached to his frame instead of that putting a bumper back on. Was that the same clutch he pulled with last time at Tuckahoe, cause if I remember he smoked it then too!

And yes it is a good idea about the 98 and older diesels, it'll let some guys have a better chance:evil

Yeah he told me he pulled the bumper off... definatly moving that hitch up and in and making it more beefy.

That was a NAPA clutch that we put in on friday night.:hehe: All our prep time was spent fooling with the double disc in milky's truck (blue 24v day cab with the big front bumper) From what I hear that clutch treated him pretty well. I wish I could have made that pull.

Yeah the bumper is on. What happened at the elks behrdzl THE TANK beat you by 10 feet? NAPA clutch

i toasted my NAPA clutch...but i still made a somewhat decent hook down at chestertown...

THE TANK said:
Yeah the bumper is on. What happened at the elks behrdzl THE TANK beat you by 10 feet? NAPA clutch

Where's that NAPA clutch at now? In the dumbster

o is the problem. Napa clutches last forever. it would not go in the dumpster it is scrap!

Milky's truck runs good for a stock turbo. I think it has beat team TNT 2 times now? TEAM MONKEY BUSINESS

oldschoolPSD said:
Kinda looked like behrdzl was running a NAPA rear...:pop:

Yeah when you start making close to 1000ft lbs of tq hard parts tend to break sled pullin LOL

Attachments

• 102_1783.JPG
    102_1783.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 102_1784.JPG
    102_1784.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 102_1785.JPG
    102_1785.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
I knew I head something pop... luck of the draw i guess. You boys going to be down at Tuckahoe?

Back