83 or 87 exhaust wheel

Redneck6.0L

How much difference is there in flow vs spool up with these two exhaust wheels in a s471. The s471 is pushing a s595.

I have personally ran neither, but it seems the 87 wheel is way worth the difference in a cummins. My two cents may not be worth picking up off the ground though.

As I am sure you already know Torrey ran the S476/83 over the S595 two seasons ago. The biggest issue we had with that setup was the S476 overspeeding and taking out the thrust bearing after only a few passes on the juice. I know from talking to Ashley Black they had similar issues until they went to the 96mm turbine (not sure if they tried any in between).

It has been a couple years now, but I do vaguely remember talking to Jose about the two turbines when we were about to build the above set, and I want to say he said about 150rpm difference. Knowing what I know now if I had to build it again I would likely go right to the 96mm exhaust wheel.

Long story short, I would probably lean towards the 87.

If you want to step up that 595, Torrey has that billet 104mm wheel and compressor housing collecting dust, the compressor did lightly touch the cover and the chra needs a rebuild, but I am sure you could just swap the wheel and cover on to your S595.

If you want to step up that 595, Torrey has that billet 104mm wheel and compressor housing collecting dust, the compressor did lightly touch the cover and the chra needs a rebuild, but I am sure you could just swap the wheel and cover on to your S595.

Come on Shawn....DO IT!!!!!!:poke:

Who makes or can you get a t4 housing for the 96 wheel. I thought the 1.32 housing was the only housing for that wheel. Educate me please

I ran a S475/87 for the last 2 seasons as a single and loved it I ran a 475/83 before that and it surged on me and I just wasn't happy with it, I too am putting a S510 in front of it now. I already ponyed up for the Danville housing and went with the 475/96.

I ran a S475/87 for the last 2 seasons as a single and loved it I ran a 475/83 before that and it surged on me and I just wasn't happy with it, I too am putting a S510 in front of it now. I already ponyed up for the Danville housing and went with the 475/96.

FYI that isn't a danville housing you have. LOL

Back