86 Chevy Crew Cab Dually

There is one just like it for sale in OKC, its a shorty dually with a ve 12v. If it was a p pump i would already own it.

Really nice ride.

how about some shots of the inside and under the hood? maybe a video of the beast running?

Ever think about the 91' grill and lights? I think that or a full billit would really shape up the front end.

Perry I don't know how I missed this but you know what I think....that things BAD ASS!! Can't wait to see it in person...hopefully very soon!

One of those pics of it by itself in the grass is avatar material....and probably my new desktop back ground! LOL :hehe:

Nice truck. Not big on the black wheels but each thier own.

Is this better?

I had 2 bent steel wheels and then I got a great deal on some used 8.25x19.5 Accuride wheels.

DCP_3620.jpg

Last edited:
Almost makes me want to get rid of my '03 F350 for one of those. I had an '86 single cab dually as my first truck and have always been partial to that body style even though I bleed blue. I only bleed blue trucks with a Cummins for power. Almost done with my 12v conversion.

Man I miss my old 87 reg cab, it was a gasser but man that thing was the most dependable indestructable rig I have owned. The interiors are simple and extremely roomy.

That thing looks amazing, great job

Man I miss my old 87 reg cab, it was a gasser but man that thing was the most dependable indestructable rig I have owned. The interiors are simple and extremely roomy.

That thing looks amazing, great job

Yup! I've got a 79 K20 that was originally bought new from my parents next door neighbor, then my father traded a 76 K10 and some cash for it in 82. He used it to farm for several years. Then it sat....when I was 16 (12 yrs ago) I pulled it out of the weeds and starting rebuilding her. You can imagine the hell I've put it through in the last few years with a mild 350 and 35" mudders...its earned A LOT of respect from my buddys and my fiance as the truck that just keeps going and will do ANYTHING you put it up against. And we've had some WILD nights in that truck. :eek: :bow: LOL

Last edited:
Is this better?

I had 2 bent steel wheels and then I got a great deal on some used 8.25x19.5 Accuride wheels.

DCP_3620.jpg

I think it looks better that way Perry...the wheels were too much.

Where are you getting all these 19.5's at???? What kind of adapters did you have to use also?

What is the interior like??? Did you restore it aswell?
I painted the interior when we painted the truck. I still have to paint all the interior plastic and replace the dash pad. I have 96 Silverado cloth seats and will be adding A/C.

Where are you getting all these 19.5's at???? What kind of adapters did you have to use also?
I bought the aluminum wheels on GoLSN and the adapters from eBay. The steel wheels came from a truck salvage yard.

Yup! I've got a 79 K20 that was originally bought new from my parents next door neighbor, then my father traded a 76 K10 and some cash for it in 82. He used it to farm for several years. Then it sat....when I was 16 (12 yrs ago) I pulled it out of the weeds and starting rebuilding her. You can imagine the hell I've put it through in the last few years with a mild 350 and 35" mudders...its earned A LOT of respect from my buddys and my fiance as the truck that just keeps going and will do ANYTHING you put it up against. And we've had some WILD nights in that truck. :eek: :bow: LOL

I still like the old standard cab 4x4s. The M1008 was easier to drive and maneuver by a long shot. I hated to see them drop the cab in the dumpster at the scrap yard. The roof was the worst part on it. I think the soldiers had been walking on it a few times.

Back