89 ford cummins conversion

I havent really posted pics of it anywhere, I need to get them off my camera and start a thread sometime.

these are the decals and slightly used HTT stainless manifold t4
IMG_20110124_161047.jpg

IMG_20110124_161103.jpg

IMG_20110210_180753.jpg

IMG_20110210_180820.jpg

IMG_20110210_180735.jpg

Last edited:
He's going to bolt it on. LOL Seriously though, I usd 12v gaskets and bolted many 24v manifolds on 12v heads. I massage the ports on the manifold to help reduce the transition from square port to round.

Chase what are you using for assembly lube? Is that wheel bearing grease on the tappets? And I take it that's the Nix cam we discussed? Glad to see it finally coming back together....I got my rods back from the machine shop Friday...bushings checked out...now I just need some A1 Rod bolts and a dampner and I can send the rotating assembly out to be balanced then I can start reassemblying mine. :rockwoot:

Chase what are you using for assembly lube? Is that wheel bearing grease on the tappets? And I take it that's the Nix cam we discussed? Glad to see it finally coming back together....I got my rods back from the machine shop Friday...bushings checked out...now I just need some A1 Rod bolts and a dampner and I can send the rotating assembly out to be balanced then I can start reassemblying mine. :rockwoot:

ALl the engines i have ever assembled was with white lithium grease and my machine shop told me no they said it doesnt break down like it suppose to so he gave me clevite engine bearing assebly lube
and yes that is my cam from ED Nix
Clevite 77 Bearing Guard Assembly Lubricant - Automotosports, Inc.

Loooking great! I have a few questions for you.

Is that a copper coated head gasket?
What are your plans for the filter housing? Just curious if you found a cool aluminum bulk head or something to weld on it.

The truck is looking really good. I spent this weekend sanding my turd crew cab to primer it. That is a lot of sanding. LOL

Loooking great! I have a few questions for you.

Is that a copper coated head gasket?
What are your plans for the filter housing? Just curious if you found a cool aluminum bulk head or something to weld on it.

The truck is looking really good. I spent this weekend sanding my turd crew cab to primer it. That is a lot of sanding. LOL

Yes I sprayed the HG with copper spray ,I am having fittings welded to the plate and filter top. And mounting all filters on the frame for easier servicing , that's why I am not doing body work lol

Back