8th Annual IDI Rally Information!

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
I'm trying to spread the word on the 2009 IDI rally. Lots of info. below. PM me with questions or follow the link to the "BOOB" site. Go to the "Eastern IDI Weekend" forum. To register there, you need a password, it is "BOOB".

The campground information for the 2009 IDI Rally:
Where: Bowling Green, Ky KOA
When: Thursday 7/2/09 through Monday 7/6/09. You can stay as long as you want.
Group Name:"Ford IDI Group" You can talk with anyone to make a reservation, but if they are having problems, just ask for Dan Goad (owner).
Sites:We have 25 sites booked THROUGH MAY 1ST 2009. They are A46 through A61 (all 30 amp full hook-up) $38/night.......and L202 through L211 (all 50 amp full hook-up) $41/night. 10% discount with KOA Kard. These are all close together and away from the office.:D See map on website.
Other Options:Tent sites are close to RV sites (A12-A29) and are $29/night. Kamping Kabins are $69/night for one room and $81/night for two room. Lodges are $125/night and have a restroom/shower. There are only two and we have reserved one of them for Missy and I. As above, 10% discount with KOA Kard.
Day Guests:will have to give up $5/day or $8 to stay with someone over night.

You have to cancel two week before if you want your refund.

Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power is going to try and cover the rally for the magazine.

Missy and I met with Dennis Perry, owner of TS Performance on 12/2/08. He is a great guy and I know we are going to have a good time at his shop. We will dyno/tour TS on Monday July 6th. We are planning on being there at 10-10:30 am.

Cost.......$50 (the usual is $75 and up for most places you can dyno) and that is for three pulls.

Missy and I are planning other activites like: Corvette museum, Mammoth Cave, Railway Museum, Drag Racing at Beech Bend, Holley Performance and so on. A final event itinerary will be posted closer to July to give days and times for the other activites.

Please call and start reserving your sites, I hope we fill up and need more sites than the 25 above. If any questions, feel free email, PM or call us(see the BOOB contact list).

Heath and Missy

Please call and start reserving your sites, I hope we fill up and need more sites than the 25 above.

Tenative Schedule of Events: (This will likely change, check back for updates)
Thursday July 2nd: Arrival Day #1, Meet and greet at the campfire.
Friday July 3rd: Arrival Day #2, Historic Railway Park, Campfire introductions.
Saturday July 4th: National Corvette Museum. Drag Racing at Beech Bend – gate opens at 5pm
Sunday July 5th: Mammoth Cave National Park in am. Show and Shine in pm. Pot luck dinner and Chinese Grab Bag afterward.
Monday July 6th: TS Performance tour and DYNO! Departure day for some.

Beech Bend also has an Amusement Park and a Water Park. We can pick an afternoon or two to swim/ride if you guys are interested.......there is a group discount too.;Sweet

If any questions feel free email, PM, or call us(see the BOOB contact list).

Heath and Missy

Mel has gotten the shirt design together for this year's rally, and here it is!

Please see THIS BOOB THREAD for shirt details! If you havn't signed up for the BOOB site............get it done already! The password needed to registar is "BOOB".

:thankyou2:THANKS MEL!:thankyou2:

Heath

As an update on the drag racing.....

I talked with Dallas Jones, owner of BEECH BEND and he will be able to have us there for the drag racing on Saturday the 4th. We will be racing just each other in kind of a special "IDI Bracket.":rockwoot:

He talked about just having the entire track for us earlier in the day (yup the whole place would be ours). But, the cost of getting the crew to run the place and get EMT service would be cost prohibitive with so few trucks.:dunno

Anyway, we are part of the program for Saturday, July 4th.:Cheer:

Who's going to race me?:drive::tree:

Heath

The events schedule has changed..........please see the below post as I cannot edit the schedule posted above.

We will delete the Railway Museum and will move the Mammoth Cave tour to Friday (7/3/09) am. The Show and shine will be on Sunday am with the pot luck and awards to follow.

Mel (agnem) will be doing his yearing timing clinic (he'll dynamically time your IDI for free) on Friday afternoon.

I'm going to rebuild a Borg Warner 1345 T-case on Friday as well.

Ron (dsl_dog_catcher) and Gary (icanfixall) will have injector testers and can pop test your injectors.

PLUS........Mel will bring me my Moose Injectors for their world debut and dyno.:rockwoot:

PM or post with questions.

Tenative Schedule of Events: (This will likely change, check back for updates)
Thursday July 2nd: Arrival Day #1, Meet and greet at the campfire.
Friday July 3rd: Arrival Day #2, Mammoth Cave National Park in am. Mel's Timing Clinic. Campfire introductions.
Saturday July 4th: National Corvette Museum. Drag Racing at Beech Bend – gate opens at 5pm
Sunday July 5th: Show and Shine. Pot luck meal and Chinese Grab Bag afterward.
Monday July 6th: TS Performance tour and DYNO! Departure day for some. Please see THIS POST FOR DYNO DETAILS.

Heath

Only One Month Left!!!!

The campground will only hold the camp sites until May 1st!!! After that date, he will let anyone reserve those spots and they will fill quickly.

If you are thinking about coming.........reserve you spot soon.........or they may be gone.

If you've never gone or are wondering what it is all about.......check out this 4 minute video of the 2007 IDI Weekend in Rising Sun, IN.

PM or post your site number to let me know who's where and whatnot!

SEE YOU IN JULY!

Heath

The sites I have reserved for the rally will "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" on May 1st which is THIS FRIDAY! That's right....in just 3 days!

The site will fill quickly and if you are coming and need an RV site, you better get your reservation now or you might miss out unfortunately.

The Rally approaches!! See you soon.

Heath

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET A CAMPSITE!!

The reserved sites are open for any and everyone tomorrow!

Heath

Four weeks left. There are still a few campsite available. Hope to see you guys in Kentucky.

Heath

Anyone going to the Mammoth Cave tour? If so let me know ASAP. We have to get the tickets soon. They are $12 for 12y and older. $8 for 6-11y. 5 or younger are free.

Heath

I really want to thank John Finely at IKON for the great printed welcome packets he put together for us.

A GREAT BIG THANKS to Dennis Perry and TS Performance. You really make us all feel at home at your shop. Thanks for letting me use the shop to swap my injectors. The shirts and DVD's made great door prizes and thanks again for the banner. I also want to thank Clint and the others who ran the dyno all day long for us. I'm sorry you guys missed lunch, but thanks for doning a great job. This was the highlight of the event for me and I'm sure many others. Too bad you guys don't have any IDI products, or I'd have a truck full of TS products for sure.

Also....Thanks to Holley Peformance and Bill Tichner for the banners and the nice door prizes to give away.

I really want to thank all who attended this year. What a great group of guys! I hope to see you all next year!

Heath and Missy Sutton

Back