9.22 in Super Street!?

What was the previous fastest ss run? And by who? Official or unofficial.

What was the previous fastest ss run? And by who? Official or unofficial.

Micah went 9.30's but was a couple ticks under weight, went 9.40's with weight added. I think a few others have been mid 9s as well, but usually only for one pass at a time :doh:

Rob had it forever and then that triple Max truck took it from him. Not sure on ETs though

I've been 9.36 and 9.40 on the same day but not NHRDA SS. Triple max has been in the 9.3's but hasn't backed it up, there are other low 9's but it is tough backing a record up. I always tried to win, thus saving equipment. Turn it down or let off when I could, if the record came, that was gravy. I have run multiple classes in NHRDA where I have run faster than the current record and backed it up, but that was needed to win in Pro Street and not needed to win in SS on that day.

Others that I have talked to feel the same way.

Still 9.22 at 152 is a big step above all the current SS Trucks. We'll need to step it up for sure.

Last edited:
Good job Daniel and crew. Just plain bad ass with such a simple setup!

Wrong, Ben Shadday has that record folks. Set it and backed it up last year at Indy,.:rockwoot:

I thought so too. I was at Indy for that. but when I was watching the live feed of bakersville the announcer said triple Max was the current record holder, atleast that's what I thought I heard.

I think he was talking about unoffical record, not back up. Max'd Out had held both records pretty much since march of 2009, still has the MPH record at 148.31 mph, but there were short periods of time whenTorrey, Aaron Schaff, Jeff Dean and Brian Spooner held the ET record. There were rule changes in 2010 that knocked Max'd Out of Superstreet until Rob changed some things to comply and got the records back.

Both the current records will fall this year and by a lot, especially the ET, there are currently about 8 trucks capable of breaking them.

Back