911 stranded on highway

6.0kingranch

No spark plugs
Truck shut off and won't start. It will crank over fine for a moment and then act like the batteries are weak. Checked the DTCs and got this code agian P2284. Need you alls help quick. I am on my back to Miami and stranded out about 30 miles west of Tallahases.

ICP sensor, make sure it is plugged in and not shorted out on the front side of the passenger valve cover. Have you had the quick connect to the pump changed yet?

Looks like your ICP sensor might have gone, or you have a leak in HPOil system. Has it been hard to start lately, long crank?

No it usually cranks ight up. I just had the oil cooler replaced last week. Is there anything there that it could be.

I have a wrecker coming out to get me and take me to a stealership. Hope they are friendly.

Thanks for the reminder. Just sucks if they say anything about the studs, stacks, or Fuel Intensifier from DJ.

mine did the same thing last week it was a HPOil leak! the dealer said it was a safety mechanism

Safety Mechanism????? YGTBSM. That's the best from a dealer I have heard yet. LOL

update

The tech says that the new oil cooler has leaked all the oil into the coolant system. Basically I ran outy of oil. They are going to fix it under warranty. I hope they have it done by tomorrow. I am hoping there isn't another underlaying problem.

Whoa. You pumped 4 gallons of oil into the cooling system? Is there oil overflowing from the bottle?

I have a feeling he's seeing oil from the original failure but he said he was sure. But the truck never overheated or leak oil from the ressy on the cooling system. This sucks as I am paying for a rental and hotel room.

So if you don't leak oil and I can't think there is room for 4 gallons of oil in the coolant system, aren't ya curious where the tech think's it's at?

I think the techs not to bright. He said i was in the coolant system. But I know it wasn't there. I had popped the hood and checked the oil. The level seemed fine. I am just hoping the doesn't turn into him change several parts till he gets to the right one. I for one would have added oil and tried to crank it up. The would prove his theory. If it didn't crank then there is another problem.

Back