'94 auto p-pump (160hp) only good for 350 +/- hp?

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
had a guy local tell me that with the pump i have im only going to be able to get around 350 out of it even with a 4k kit,full cuts.zero plate,rack plug and afc mods ive got, he said the cam in it isnt good enough to supply more fuel for more then that. said "ill bet $400 you wont ever got 400hp without going to a 215 pump" is this pump really that bad?

had a guy local tell me that with the pump i have im only going to be able to get around 350 out of it even with a 4k kit,full cuts.zero plate,rack plug and afc mods ive got, he said the cam in it isnt good enough to supply more fuel for more then that. said "ill bet $400 you wont ever got 400hp without going to a 215 pump" is this pump really that bad?
I hope you bet him. Brad ponci did 7xx with a 160 pump.

but was it sent off and benched/played with with? i think if i was going to go through the trouble of sending it off i would rather get a 215 pump and send it off and go 13mm.

but was it sent off and benched/played with with? i think if i was going to go through the trouble of sending it off i would rather get a 215 pump and send it off and go 13mm.
180 is the most sought after. I'm pretty sure brads wasn't benched. But I'm sure he has some secert stuff he did.

How much hp do you want? You can send off a 160 and get the cam changed, 13mm p&b just like a 215

i want around 550-600hp.
i guess ill have to look and see what i can dig up to max this pump out as much as i can without sending it off just yet

i want around 550-600hp.
i guess ill have to look and see what i can dig up to max this pump out as much as i can without sending it off just yet
I got 500cc out of my 160 pump and I only have 300 or so in it.

Id stick with a 160 for your goals.

I'm at 550-600 hp range with a 94 auto 160 pump that has never been off the truck. It dynoed 550 hp with some marine 370's LOL Now it has some 5x18's from Weston in it. No plate missing afc rack plug and smokem special dv's. I wouldn't use laser cuts personly. Just rember they like high fuel pressure to fill the barrels faster. Mine is se at 50-55 idle and goes to 45 -50 cruising

Last edited:
I got 500cc out of my 160 pump and I only have 300 or so in it.

Id stick with a 160 for your goals.

I'm at 550-600 hp range with a 94 auto 160 pump that has never been off the truck. It dynoed 550 hp with some marine 370's LOL Now it has some 5x18's from Weston in it. No plate missing afc rack plug and smokem special dv's. I wouldn't use laser cuts personly. Just rember they like high fuel pressure to fill the barrels faster. Mine is se at 50-55 idle and goes to 45 -50 cruising

what all mods are done to your guys pumps?

lostwalmart- you dynoed 550 with just 370's noplate/gutted afc and dv's? what turbo?

im using the factory cummins pump being boosted by the factory ford e-fuel pump, think that will supply enough fuel? local guy here did 478 on a 62/370's pump work (unsure exactly what but it only had stock '97 auto dv's) and stock fuel system

I dynoed 604hp 1403tq on a stock 160 pump with a slipping auto trans. Bet him $1,000!

sent from your moms phone!

I dynoed 604hp 1403tq on a stock 160 pump with a slipping auto trans. Bet him $1,000!

you guys are making me feel better already! what mods are you running on your pump? and truck

you guys are making me feel better already! what mods are you running on your pump? and truck

191dvs, rack plug, 4kgsk, no plate, afc mods, 21*, 5x.018s, 66/74/14

That was with a hx60 as a single it cleaned it up so well that it ago a 2 ft flame out the stack LOLit had a rack plug and 4k also timing was around 19*. I had the 370's in it for a week while I had the 5x18's being worked on. The waste gate rod had fallen off so the gate was stuck open but the giggle juice got it to light LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYYubxhCayc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

that vdeo was with the 370's? for now im running a s475 single, with the exh manifoild wrappedand ceramic coated and exh housing coated, with all the pump mods i listed and 370's till i get some 5x22's

what did that set up dyno fuel only?

Last edited:
It woulnt spool the charger with the gate stuck open I found that a few days later when I put the 5x18's back in. Now I'm using a gt42 and it spools and runs great. And yes that video was with the 370's

my buddy is running a 160 pump 6X.016 sac injectors 66-74-14 191 dv's 0 plate timeing around 24* he made about 600 hp on the rollers i would bet him

Keep the 160. If you want huge power, like 800hp or more, then you'd be better off with a 180 or 215. Just have a good supply of fuel to it and you should be fine. I've already dyno'd 456hp with mine last summer with a weak as hell stock lift pump. I'll be doing a fuel system soon, so I'll be looking for somewhere around 550-600.

Bet him some $ and make him sh!t his pants when you show him your dyno sheet after your done tweaking it.

sounds like you can buy a few tanks of diesel on someone else's dime... 400hp = no problem.

Back