94 Suburban 1of 2

rs359

My brother and I are doing 2 Suburbans as Family haulers this is the first one .Its his . The deal was he would do the fab work and install, and I would figure out how to make everything work. we have been Planning these for about 5 years now. Thanks to all that have helped me to figure out the hard stuff .

DSC_0024.jpg

It has a 94 160 horse with a 47rh trans.
DSC_0007.jpg

It uses the intercooler from the 94 Dodge and the Gm rad and AC condensor.
DSC_0008.jpg

The only indication that this is not original .
DSC_0043.jpg

Its not done yet but is drivable and does have cold air.It still needs battery trays made and some final clean up to the wiring harness . :thankyou2: Rich

This is number 2 it is in pieces currently.
0ac2_3.jpg

I will put it in another thread when it is closer to being a vehicle again. Rich

Thanks we have been working hard on them for some time now.

The 2nd one is getting a 96 215 hp motor and 47rh

definitely will serve all the planed purposes and some... My suburban has been holding up well, and for a 913pump, my Delivery valves, 100plate and intake/exhaust it outruns most of the standard cars and trucks on the road. Although the speedo and some oil leaks still need to be addressed, the time is getting near when it will be put together for what it was originally intended for..:hehe:

I hope so. Yeah I cant leave anything alone either I would like to see the white one run 13s in the quarter and get better than 20mpg. The Black one will be Faster I dont know exactly what he wants for power but it will be a big number. LOL

For your speedo I would try to wire the factory speed sensor direct then take the signal wire to the DRAC module bypassing the computer. Rich

on the 6.5l you disconnect the middle connector on the ecm and poof magic the speedo works. don't ask me how, it just does. as for the 454/350 haven't figured that out yet. what MCDP needs to do now is put some twins on his burban.

Joe

That's cool! I like it when I see a conversion in a drivable condition! Unfortunately a bunch of projects never see the pavement- Congrats on getting it together and running!! :rockwoot:

I just found a 96 1/2 ton suburban body in good shape. I am searching for a 3/4 or 1 ton frame and have a rorary pump 12v and might use a 47re. Eventually this will be my fiancis's vehicle. Hence our family vehicle. I would like to have an excursion, but I will have to gather parts and build this one instead. LOL Nice projects guys!

Thanks Joe Farmer I Usually get them going and get rid of them when they are about 90% done but not this one.LOL I work in the Auto parts industry and am not happy with what I am seeing in the newer vehicles.

Thanks Diesel Wrencher Im sure it will come out great and a lot easier than the Vette.:hehe:
Rich

We will have between 8000 to 10,000 dollars each in them by the time they are done (including purchase) which is a lot for a 94 Suburban but what do you get for 10 grand any more?:rolleyes:
I am hoping it lasts till our 4year old daughter is out of college. Rich

Only one of Burban 2 and its from a phone.
0620091445.jpg

Its getting closer.:evil

Last edited:
On the first one, How did you cut the tarn signals to get them to work?

Those are not done yet look at the pic with the grill off the bulbs are zipped in place and the lenses are put back over with the reflector cut off . we are going to make custom led ones with the factory covers over them. Rich

This truck made the 300 mile journey home Sunday and even though a good chunk of that drive was spent in gridlock and a lot of the rest was spent at WOT LOL it still got 19 mpg with 410 gears.
Unfortunately Mine could not make the journey back home at this time.
We hooked the towbar to it and hitched it to my truck and the Suburban almost pushed my truck into a line of cars .:eek: So it will have to stay in Miami for a little while longer.

Back