95 cummins running rough

Rattlin'12v

Never satisfied
I have a 95 dodge with 244xxx miles and are currently battling this issue only on the interstate, as it is my daily driver. Some days it runs fine and others I have issues with the truck wanting to run away, loose all power, or die when I come to a stop after these occur. If it does, it is hard to start and keep running. I need ideas and help! Thanks in advance!

This is a local kid to me guys and this thing has me stumped, if you guys could give me some suggestions on where to start I will hopefully be able to help him fix it. He's got a good head on his shoulders and isn't a flat bill coal roller so I wanna get him straightened out.

Pump has paint marks and BD power stickers, original owner claimed pump was benched. Only pump mod Chase has performed was a zero plate.

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur.

Last edited:
I failed to mention, when the rpms hang the pedal gets SUPER stuff, as it does when it dies.

Might check throttle linkage, offset bar specific. If it gets loose it can hit the injection pump body and bind up

sounds like Govner issue, also like stated check the throttle cable. New cable and linkage rebuild kit on Fee Bay is about $50 vs going to the dodge dealer at $150

Back