97 12v tranny

gibbswrecker

I do WRECKIN'
The trucks a 97 4wd with what im told is a 47re the transmission started acting up it was fine shifts felt good converter locking up good then on monday i drove it on a 200 mile round trip and did fine till i got at the last stop sign before my house. When i went to take off it acted like it was slipping and didn't want to shift right so i let off pulled it down into first and it took off fluids fine nice and red and smells fine. So now everytime i come to a stop i either pull it down into 2nd or 1st and then upshift it into drive it does fine is there some solenoid i can replace or is it time for a rebuild 190k on the clock but the tranny has a mopar reman sticker on the side that says it was rebuilt in 3/02 any advice would be greatly appreciated

My 96 does that which is the reason I'm ditching it for a nv4500. I remember I had a problem with 2nd and 3rd gear then I changed the solenoid and no more problems. But reason it won't kick down into first gear or it will take off in 2nd or 3rd is still unknown to me. And if your looking to add power just get a built one and never worry again. Yes I know the money thing sucks. But in the long run. It may save you a lot of headahes

Probably a gov solenoid or transducer issue. I would drop the pan and replace both

would getting a new valve body from say georender come with new soleniods and also just be better all around

A new VB from Goerend will come with new solenoids.

You could just spend $120 and replace them yourself, might as well add a $120 shift kit from Transgo while the valvebody is on your bench, then you'll have a nicely upgraded VB for 4 hours of your time and $250.

I know that a dodge will act up if the paper filter is clogged so i drained and pulled both lines off and sprayed a flush can in them the magnet was a little fuzzy but not with anything big or shiny mainly looked like clutch material and changed the filter sprayed and greased all solenoid connectors and it still is doing it even put some transx in with the fluid not much bout a pint

Back