97 Dodge automatic $5000

I figure you have too much time/effort in your current truck. No sense in starting over...

(feel free to PM me your friend's phone number):poke:

If I decide to not buy it, He is gonna probably take it to trade in on his new one. Let me decide & I'll keep you posted.

Well competitive with a drop pan sled is different, when somebody says I was within 10 feet of the first place guy. 10 feet is a lot on a drop pan sled. That would make it a very competitive build up.

Well competitive with a drop pan sled is different, when somebody says I was within 10 feet of the first place guy. 10 feet is a lot on a drop pan sled. That would make it a very competitive build up.

Gotcha, I understand what you are saying & this is helping with my decision alot. Thanks. Anything else that I should know?

Also 60lb valve springs $130ish
12mm ARP's $425ish
Milling Rockers for studs $50-$100
Mack Rack Plug $20ish

How many rpms will the 60lb valve springs support? If I decide that I want 4000rpm, I would think the 60lb would only support about 3200-34-- correct? The rockers need to be milled in a 12v? Mack Rack plug? I'm getting confused here. I'm new to the 12v world.

The most common sled out here is the green "decision maker" sled. It is the one at most events that I pull at.

60lbs are fine on a 12V for 4000.

This is what I don't understand. My 99 has a exhaust brake & I have stock springs. The 12v need 60lb springs to run a exhaust brake. The 98.5 up trucks springs are strong enough to support a exhaust brake, wouldn't that mean that they too should support 4000rpm? Isn't the stock 98.5 up springs rated at 80lbs.?

i will tell you how much i have into mine...(its a 98' auto)...and it should be around the 600hp mark

stock 12mm pump with #0 plate--$0 4kgsk-- $100 l/c dv's---$110 stock lines, new era custom injectors 6x .018---$700 new head from pure diesel power it has o'rings cut, ARP studs, 60# valve springs ( got the studs and springs form pure diesel power as well, the total bill from there was $1650 shipped, i thought was really reasonble

i got my or am goin to get my auto from goerend the t/c from zstroken which is also goerend

i will tell you how much i have into mine...(its a 98' auto)...and it should be around the 600hp mark

stock 12mm pump with #0 plate--$0 4kgsk-- $100 l/c dv's---$110 stock lines, new era custom injectors 6x .018---$700 new head from pure diesel power it has o'rings cut, ARP studs, 60# valve springs ( got the studs and springs form pure diesel power as well, the total bill from there was $1650 shipped, i thought was really reasonble

i got my or am goin to get my auto from goerend the t/c from zstroken which is also goerend

If I do end up getting this, I would get Doug Conrad to do the timing, pump, orings etc., but I want no part of a automatic tranny. I will sell the automatic or trade for a manual. I'm just not a automatic kind of guy. I really appreciate all the ideas & prices guys, this really helps me with my decision.

Back