98.12v keeps shutting off while driving.

I thought about that this evening as a matter of fact. I think I got some indicator lights here somewhere that I was going to run in my pulling truck years ago.

Can anybody tell me what all circuits ground out on the drivers side fender under the battery box. I found where somebody had been in there before. Plus there is corrosion on some of the wires. I cleaned all the grounds and the metal. I'm going to solder on some new ends and heat shrink them instead of the current butt splices. I just didnt want to chase my tail. I traced the hold wire all the way back under the dash and didnt see anything alarming. I had a test light hooked to the ground side of the plug and a meter hooked to the hold side and couldn't get a flicker or a loss of power anywhere I wiggled the wires.

Never mind guys I figured it out. Thanks for the help.

Oops sorry about that. The female terminal on the factory wiring side is broke on one side causing it to lose connection. You have to look close with a flashlight and move the pin with small screwdriver to tell but that's what it is. It done it again and this time I had my meter with me and troubleshooted it on the side of the road. After I unplugged it and still had my voltages and ground. I plugged it back in and pushed it up and nothing. I thought it was a bad solenoid dropping out intillni started wiggling the plug and i pushed up on the rod and it stayed. I kept wiggling ever so slightly and it dropped back out. I said bingo.

Last edited:
Back