'98 12v pulling truck, GN trailer & extras.....

RedPuller

Diesel Inside
Well, as much as I don't want to do this and as much as I love pulling, I gotta sell the pulling truck. Finances have caught up with me & I have to get back on track or I will be in a world of hurt. I don't know if I will be out of pulling forever but for now, I must focus attention else-where......
So on to the sale. Pretty much everything must go. I want to sell the truck and trailer as a combo cuz once the truck is gone I have no use for the GN trailer anymore as well.

Truck details -

Engine - '98 12 valve
New main & rod bearings
Stock crank with ARP main studs and Cummins girdle
Stock rods
Cummins Industrial Pistons
Block & head are fire ring'd with .010 thicker gasket
H2 camshaft, factory tappets
billet pushrods
Head is ported on exhaust & intake(as much as possible without milling manifold)
ARP 625 head studs
Billet tappet cover
Electric water pump
Air Dog 150 w/4 gallon Summit Fuel cell
13" electric fans (2)
Factory intercooler (pressure tested)
60lb valve springs
Haisley titanium retainers & hardened keepers
Factory 215hp P7100 w/CDS 5K gsk, .093 DV holders, laser cut DVs, .093 SS injection lines, timing currently @ 33*
5x.014" injectors re-built & modified by Weston (Smokem)
Banks intake, ported & welded grid heater housings
Ported 3-piece exhaust manifold
S400 turbo, 2.8/72mm compressor, 80/87 turbine, 1.0 A/R, 5" outlet
Homemade 5" air intake shut-off gate
5" hood stack
ball valve fuel shutdown & cable operated pump shut-down

Suspension & axles -
Front axle - Factory Dana 60 w/ Dynatrac free-spin hub kit, 35 spline inner & outer axle shafts, 3.54 gears w/ full spool, factory diff cover
Rear axle - Factory Dana 80, welded center section, Haisley full spool, 37 spline Scheid axles, new 3.54 gears, Mag-Hytec cover, drum brakes completely removed, assembled by Coast Driveline & Gear Ventura, CA
Suspension - 4.5" Skyjacker front coils, Dick Cepek long control arms, custom 1.25" DOM tubed steering linkage, modified & welded DT bracket & track bar, PSC steering box, Borgeson steering shaft, 8" Atlas rear leaf springs, no blocks, custom traction bars & suspension blocks
Factory hitch has been re-inforced, does not come with lunette ring(it's not mine :) )

Drivetrain -
South Bend Iron Giant clutch, NV4500 w/ 1 3/8" input shaft, cast iron ext. housing, NP 271 transfer case with flange output shaft(not slip-yoke style), 1410 u-joint High Angle Driveline front driveshaft, 1480 u-joint two-piece rear driveshaft, driveline loops/sheilds

Tires are 33x12.50R16 STS fronts & 255/85R16 BFG mud terrain rears, stock steel rear wheels & forged aluminum Pro-comp Ext. 16x10 front wheels

Other things on the truck are Reunel front bumper with hitch reciever for weight rack, weights do not come with truck(they are not mine :) ), & probably some other things i am forgetting but will post as they come to me :)

Trailer - 2006 X-Cel gooseneck 24' dove tail, 14K GVWR, bearings recently serviced/greased, new seals, new Firestone tires, diamond plate steel deck on top of factory, weather seal stained lumber deck

Extras include 2 spare rear BFG mud tires (255/85R16) w/ forged aluminum dually wheels(Ford bolt pattern), chains & straps for trailer, various spare injection pump service parts, o-rings, copper seals, etc. I guess once sale is made buyer can decide what extras he/she would like, just got lots of various things from turning truck into puller. Basically most parts come with truck & trailer sale.

So, onto the $$$$$.........

Truck & trailer combo - $26,000
Truck only - $22,000
Trailer only - $5,000
Will discuss/negotiate parting truck from trailer if no trailer is needed.........

Please pm me for any specific pics of truck. I have pics of engine internals and rebuild if needed. I hope I listed everything needed for buyer, any questions just ask......:)

Joe

Attachments

• Half Way Therex.jpg
    Half Way Therex.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 573
  • WFI_5135x.jpg
    WFI_5135x.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 460
  • WFI_5157x.jpg
    WFI_5157x.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
i wish i had the cash, i've got the perfect motor for that truck sitting in my shop:evil

Here are some more pics and I will also get some video going as well.....

Attachments

• WFI_5139x.jpg
    WFI_5139x.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 531
  • WFI_5129x.jpg
    WFI_5129x.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 232
  • WFI_5149x.jpg
    WFI_5149x.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 277
  • PullerParking.jpg
    PullerParking.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 381
Delivery options......

........i guess I should also add that the truck is located in Castaic, CA just 20 mintues north up the I-5 from Los Angeles. I would like the buyer to know that if anyone outside of California is interested in buying it I will compromise with he/she on a delivery destination. For example, if the buyer is in say Ohio/Indiana/anywhere back east, I can meet you half way in say Colorado to pick the truck & trailer up. Just bring a truck with a gooseneck hitch & we'll exchange $$ for the truck & trailer. Just want to make the sale as easy as possible for anyone interested across the country.......:)

Thanks! Joe

Damn Joe say it isn't so buddy, I hate to see you sell your rig after all the hard work last winter.

BBD

Yeah, it hurts Scott, but it would hurt even more if I lost my home, was on the street & out of $$. Hopefully it will go to a good home & to someone who can afford it, this sh!t is just too damned expensive for the budget i'm on! :hehe:

Joe

Joe, I'm really sorry to see this happen, but I sure know how you feel, hence why I haven't been to very many pulls this year. You're definitely taking the higher road to get back on your feet. Good luck with that, and hope we still see you around!

Good luck on the sale!

Thanks Angela, yeah, I'll still be around but like you said, the high road needs to be taken at this point in life. Maybe one day the '06 will become the new puller........

Joe

Dang Joe that thing has come A LONG way from the days of PavementSucks.com LOL hell I was truck pulling before you and look how much farther your rig has come from mine!

Dang Joe that thing has come A LONG way from the days of PavementSucks.com LOL hell I was truck pulling before you and look how much farther your rig has come from mine!

Hey Mark, it sure has come a long way since back in the day. Truck pulling is loads of fun but also loads of cash I just don't have anymore. :(

Some other things I forgot to mention about the engine would be that all the machine work was done through Brown's Diesel in Riverdale, CA. Machine work included honing the cylinders, valve job on the head & fire ring grooves cut after block & head were decked .005". Engine also has a Fluidampr. Any other questions about the engine or truck, please ask. :)

Joe

Bump.

I guess i should put my phone number down for anyone who needs to contact me about the truck.

Please call me if interested @ 661-755-6371 :)

Thanks, Joe

Sweet truck!!! Best of luck on the sale. Someone will have themselves a good looking truck if they pick this thing up!! Hate to see you sell when you don't want to. Times are tough man. I wish you the best. Anything I can help with. Let me know and I will do my best. :rockwoot:

Good luck with the sale Joe. I did the injectors and delivery valves, if anyone has any questions on the specifications, feel free to ask.

Sweet truck!!! Best of luck on the sale. Someone will have themselves a good looking truck if they pick this thing up!! Hate to see you sell when you don't want to. Times are tough man. I wish you the best. Anything I can help with. Let me know and I will do my best. :rockwoot:

Thanks Anthony!

Good luck with the sale Joe. I did the injectors and delivery valves, if anyone has any questions on the specifications, feel free to ask.

Thanks to you too Weston! Those injectors worked out great! Too bad I can't experience them again anytime soon......:(

Joe

Well, I can see i need to be bumping this top the top just about every other day......

Joe, I'm guessin you're on Craigs list and any other forums you can think of??

Back