98.5 running away!!!

Gotti2k7

Helping Global Warming
Ive got a truck here, that when its been running, and shut off for 20 mins or so then started back up. It starts to run away. He says that he can cut it off by the key, then usually restart it without a problem. It has a new injection pump, and lift pump. And is running a Edge Comp. Being mechanical injection. This shouldnt be caused by the Edge should it. Sounds to me more like its the injection pump. Anyone had this problem, or heard of this problem. Any suggestions. Thanks

It's mechanical injection yes, but electronically controlled. First off, verify all grounds and whether or not the truck does it with the Edge box on or off, completely remove the box from the pump harness but leave the Map sensor plug in fr boost fooling. When you pull the wire tap on the pump wire take a really close look at all the connections there, sounds like he might have something wonky.

mine did that same thing. we had to put a new head gasket on it a while back and after i backed it out and was cleaning the shop when i niticed it was slowly runnng away. i turned it off and started it again and after 10 mins or so it did it again but it would only rev to about 1300-1400 RPM. but ever since then it hasnt done it. only thing i found was we forgot to plug in the IAT sensor on the head

Back