99 ALH Power issues

You set the value for the amount of air the ECM sees being pulled in the motor through the intake to factory max, when the motor is cold it will fool it into thinking there is nothing wrong with the EGR which is supposed to be feeding the motor exhaust gases. That is how it was explained to me and I could be completely wrong, but it worked just fine on my car.

Simple thing over looked, Snow screen,I have see the 3 of our TDI's so stopped up it's amazing it could run it full throttle,it has to overcome the spring tension if it's blocked as a side note I pulled the intake and is was clogged down to about a 1" opening not sure how to post a picture ,it sure runs better,drove 598 miles today at mostly 75-83 mph and got 40.3 mpg not great but it will scoot.

Yup, that's what my intake was like. Between diagnosis and the cleaning it ran pretty normal on a couple of occasions. When I took it apart to clean it, the blockage in the valave assembly was less. This crap must have gotten sucked out enough that it ran kind of good.

I clean my snow screen on a schedule, otherwise it will get you.

Back