99' cummins edge juice with attitude hot unlock

Dragram440

Just wondering if anyone can tell me real world experience going from level 5 to hot unlock with a basically stock setup with a lift pump upgrade and intake exhaust? Is it worth the extra money. I read somewhere else someone said it really doesnt make much difference on these 2nd gen cummins. I am probly going back to the track for labor day weekend and just want to know if it would be worth it to see if it picked up. Im also going to try and get a set of 100 hp injectors.

Built trans? Without one doubt you would notice much....

stock trans. And the trans is not going to be built befor labor day so I will be pushing it through another 3 day race weekend. I am going to build the tranny when I can afford it. If I kill the tranny it wont hurt my feelings, but if it wont put any more power to the ground then I wont. But I am going to get injectors and probly the hot unlock just to see if I can get it into the 13's.

Hard to save up for a transmission when you spend the funds throwing more fuel at that HY35...

Hard to save up for a transmission when you spend the funds throwing more fuel at that HY35...

HX35. But thats really doesnt matter anyways. Its a ****ty stock turbo. And I found some new injectors from a local guy for dirt cheap and the hot unlock is $100. Thats not even a start on my $3000-$4000 trans. Thats not going to happen this year. Im actually going to let my brother race the truck for labor day and Im going to race my Charger. If all goes well he is going to buy the truck from me. I dont have the funds to race 2 vehicles. I love the diesel but I already have a real race car that runs 10's.

He helped me build the truck the last 4 times! If he does end up with it he will be on here for advice and some sweet tips.

HX35. But thats really doesnt matter anyways. Its a ****ty stock turbo. And I found some new injectors from a local guy for dirt cheap and the hot unlock is $100.

Should make things interesting...I know Garmon and Turbomatt went high 11's on a p-pumped 2wd Second-Gen back in the day that still had an HX35 on it, so you still have a ways to go.

The hot unlock raises the Rev limit more than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stock Edge/Juice and/or Edge/Comp tuning defuels at 2800 rpm. I believe the hot unlock lets if fuel to 3200 rpm or so... It's also claimed that the hot unlock bumps up the timing a little more. All I know is back in the day, I picked up at least 40 HP going from the Juice Hot Unlock to the Quadzilla Adrenaline. It's been too many years to remember the HP gains going from standard level 5 to Hot unlock, but I don't remember being too overly thrilled at the gain vs. $125 expense back then.

Back