99 F-350 to 03 Cummins swap

astonT56

:thankyou2:I have slowly begun my V-10 to 03 Cummins swap. Running into a little a brake dilema. The 03 Cummins doesn't have a vacuum pump, so my plan was to convert to Hydro boost. I bought a hydro boost brake booster to swap, but it doesn't have the same bolt pattern on the fire wall.? Thought for sure they would. Anyone know the easiest way to swap to Hydro boost? Or should I just get an electric vacuum pump and stick with vacuum brakes? Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.:thankyou2:

Thanks!

Ran into this same problem, 99 v10 with vaccum boost. Bought a 1999 hydro boost from a 7.3.

I lOoked into the brake pedal assembly and it came up with the same part number for the gas and diesel model.

I saw some pictures of a diesel brake pedal bracket assembly and that lower drivers side hole appears to be up higher for the hydro boost pattern but idk.

I just redrilled the the hole and it fit. I havent started the truck to see If everything works but it seems alright. The pushrod attached to the pedal seems a little bit angled and I hope it isn't an issue and is supposed be like that.

I'm curious to see what others did too

Last edited:
vacuum- hydroboost brakes

I got it for a 99 F350 diesel version. Sure figured both boosters would have the same bolt pattern on the firewall.

:umno:

Thanks Twright. I was thinking of drilling mine as well, might hold off for a while though. I still have to drop the engine in it.....I got time before I need brakes.

:thankyou2:

Back