99 FL60 mutt/conversion/repower project build

When a service tranny tech hears something he's never heard before and say huh!?! And blank face :doh:

Making a growling/cavitating pump noise on low side only.. more pronounced with weight behind it.. oil is good..

Let a company driver take it around the block and it will show itself.

Let a company driver take it around the block and it will show itself.

The service tech heard it and didn't recognize it..

Took the product mgr at goodale for a ride...
Says it's at least a bearing issue in the back box, and it was a complete unit from Eaton.

Now I'm waiting to hear back if I have to pull it or they'll pull it and who pays..

Goodale is doing everything and paying for it.. drop the truck off Wednesday night or Thursday am

Finally a little bit of luck in your favor. Glad to hear they're taking care of it.

Shop came up with, imo BS, reasons not to do the labor..
Which took then 5 hours to come up with....
Leason learned... I really hate farming work out even free efs me :doh:

Shop came up with, imo BS, reasons not to do the labor..

Which took then 5 hours to come up with....

Leason learned... I really hate farming work out even free efs me :doh:

So you had to pull it yourself?

So you had to pull it yourself?

Yeah... They said it a two day job.. as well... My amateur ass pulled it in 3 hours.. heading to cbus now..
30411570_10214646931420527_8577977742350352384_o.jpg

You forget they're getting paid by the hour. lol

Possible... Means company is loosing money...

Gone from we'll cover everything to with one for one swap including labor on R&I the transmission to you pull it and we are rebuilding it.. going to be ready Monday around noon....maybe....
I ate a 2500.00 core to get said trans. Bet they just do the back box and not clean out the front as well which means it will fail again :soap:

Put a call in to Heavy duty truck parts.. see what the price is on a new rtolf-167913A is

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm getting this one... And that's it... Even though the warranty is 24M from may 2017

Get some cash and probably get a Eaton authorize reman for 4000.00 plus core swap....

I can probably buy rebuild kit and rebuild them myself... Wouldn't be the first time I've been inside one... Probably be beneficial to have full set of slider clutches bearings sets and synchro on a shelf

Playing engineer cable has been cutting the sleeve
. This should fix it or greatly reduced the cable cutting
30412032_10214663028862953_304776982472687616_o.jpg

So your trans had a warranty, but only if they feel like it?

So your trans had a warranty, but only if they feel like it?

It's warrantied got new reman yesterday...
1 or 2 bearings self destructes and sent trash through the transmission.. so they gave me one off the shelf..

Been running around fixing other **** today.. hopefully put the transmission in later tonight or first thing am tomorrow

Hopefully nothing shady went on..
1st it was we'll cover everything and 1:1 swap
2nd we aren't going to cover labor... After I dropped it off
3rd we don't think we should warranty it... After I dropped the pulled transmission off
4th hey here's new reman so you don't have to weight...

Supposed they use Eaton authorize rebuild kits.. IDK some things aren't adding up.. if something goes wrong with the transmission I'm going somewhere else... I don't have the time/money to use the court to force them to honor a warranty

Most likely be redoing it to change pull angles... Substantually better than before
30704221_10214698486949383_4865503029249441792_o.jpg

Still don't have a straight answer or guidance...
Fuel pressure bounce with an electric lift pump.. none snubber.. I range anywhere from 2-4# at it dle to 20-25# under a load and it random change 5-10 to 20-25 on flat ground and no throttle change.
Guage is mechincal and taped between 2M filter and injection pump.. I have -8 lines from tank to inj pump.. and a -8 to 10mm adapter..
No bounce between lift pump and F/W filter..
Inj return is plumbed to the tank..
I totally expecting some bounce... But how much bounce is too much...
11mm pump
5*.014"
Stock gsk
Fuelab 41402 190gph -8 lines
Waiting on you tube to upload video

Back