99' Upgrade Question

Browning_270

Im looking for some ideas on what the best setup would be for my truck..Its prety much stock except for a Edge EZ, exhaust, intake, and Raptor 150. Ive got 185,000 miles on it now, and my transmission is starting to slip. I pull a 16 foot enclosed trailer for work about twice a week. Im looking to upgrade to a built tranmission-(auto), and whatever else I would need for it to be a reliable work truck, but still be a blast to drive around. I was thinkin gauges, injectors, and maybe a Comp Box etc... Any ideas would be awesome!! Im not too worried about cost also. Thanks!!

I got the edge juice w/attitude and like it. Gave it some pep and the gages included along with adjustability. I didn't tap my pump wire so I am similar in power to your EZ because I got level 1 and 2. If I were to tap the pump for more fuel I could do up to level 5 and there is another level that costs....

I have a 99 with a built NADP auto tripple disk edge juice with att I tapped the pump 3 inch straight pipe and afe stage2 I upgraded the turbo to a better stock one off a 02 i think.
This is the truck i bought to haul my 05 race truck to the track and drive daily the truck gets insane milage around 23 empty 18 with the truck and trailer on the truck has 550 thousand kms (350thousand miles ) I think the end setup will be a 62mm charger 120 ddp sticks the edge and a NADP hot VP pump be around 450 hp and wicked tow rig

what size injector would be ideal without needing more air? Also would injectors and a fueling box realy strain my vp cuz it does have quite a few miles on it..

your actually not far from dave goerends shop.

I would take your 99 there get a built auto and then add whatever you want for power upgrades.

the difference between a stocker and a built auto is night and day.

also dave goerend is one of if not the best tranny builder in the business. I know a guy with one and its amazing.

as for injectors

can't really add injectors without needing more air. air is part of the puzzle as well

a injector upgrade and turbo upgrade usually coincide with one another.

If im not going to put bigger injectors and a turbo on, do i realy need to go with a fully built tranny?? Just trying to figure out the best way to go about this

my 99 has the NADP 450 series heavy hauler with billet input it has red alto frictions the valve body is done tripple disk converter its not fully built but its just for my tow rig witch will have 450hp and this tranny will hold it till im done with the truck

If im not going to put bigger injectors and a turbo on, do i realy need to go with a fully built tranny?? Just trying to figure out the best way to go about this

Good TC and VB does fine unless You are going to go insane on the power or do boosted launches at the track. When I bought My truck I put A Dunrite converter and Suncoast valve body in it, the transmision was in good shape when I started and it has held up no problem to 450hp for the last 50,000 miles.

Get a good TC and VB. Then lose the EZ for a Comp. See how you like that, and then injectors if you want more. But I think you'll be suprised what the trans upgrades will do.

Back