A/C quit wokring again help please

yamaman

Hey everyone well awhile back my a/c quit wokring took it into the dealer and they found that the desiccant bag broke filling the entire system with that junk and plugging it up. That was a 1700 dollar touch. Now we went to use the a/c awhile ago (just after winter of course) and noticed it not working again. It was in the shop to get the HG's done over winter but didn't need the a/c till alittle while ago. What are some things that I can just look for myself before I take it back to the dealer. I can't tell if the compressor is kicking in or not I can here anything running when the hood is popped and the truck is running. Anyone expereince this problem and can give some pointers. I hope it is not the same problem as las time. Thanks everyone

Look down at the compressor. Is the thing bolted to the front of the pulley spinning with the pulley? When the bag pops you should normally replace the condensor since they are an absolute ***** to flush clean. You might just have a tiny ammount of stuff clogging up the orifice tube located at the entrance to the evaporator.

is the compressor the pulley that is right below the tensioning pulley? if it is the center section of that is not spinning with the pulley.

There needs to be a minimum pressure in the system for the cycling switch to kick on. Once the pressure drops below 24psi it shuts the compressor down so the evap doesn't freeze over. If its leaked all the stuff out, they may have pinched an o-ring when they did the previous repair.

alright well looks like it will be taking a trip into them to have it looked at thanks

Back