A few twins questions

CL2000

Im going to be putting twins on my 2000 soon. I need to know what to do with a few things.
-How should I oil feed the chargers? t off the stock one or run a line off the stock one and the plug next to it on the filter housing?
-What size are the oil ports on the filter housing?
-Im doing away with the heat exchanger should I loop the coolant lines or just plug both of them?
-What size are the cooler ports in the trans
Thanx,
Chad

Chad, I think the best answer you will get is by calling bill at source auto, they are very knowledgable on twin setups, they build a ton of kits

Yeah I need to give them a ring anyways. I need to order a few small parts.

-How should I oil feed the chargers? t off the stock one or run a line off the stock one and the plug next to it on the filter housing?

Feed with two lines off the oil filter housing. Port for the stock turbo feed is M12x1.5 and the other port is 1/4 NPT IIRC.

DO NOT plug the heat exchanger lines! If you want to remove it just put a connector line in or re-route the lines. Also be sure to run 2 SEPARATE oil drains, dont merge them into one. trans uses 1/2" lines not sure on the fittings.

and to finish off the answers to your questions..... 1/4"npt for the trans cooler lines.

Im going to be putting twins on my 2000 soon. I need to know what to do with a few things.
-Im doing away with the heat exchanger should I loop the coolant lines or just plug both of them?
-What size are the cooler ports in the trans
Thanx,
Chad

I got a brand new Oil feed line and fittings for the top charger from source if ya want um

Im putting twins on my 2001. I was wondering is it possible to put the bottom charger on with out removing the heat exchanger. I am going to put a HT3B as the primary. If not than is it ok to replace the steel lines with hoses and clamps or do I need to talk to source automotive to get the bent lines they have.

Either the 3B or the S400 will fit WITH the heat exchanger. Its just not as easy.

you can plug the heat exchanger's coolant lines. mine have been plugged for over a year now.

I moved my heat exchanger to the front of the truck. Which primary you gonna use? I drive my drive daily, so I need to heat up the tranny some for the cold winter days.

Thanks guys got everything ordered. Im using a s4t bottom charger

I have a 32 housing. Have you had any problems with them plugged because when I am done it is still going to be my daily drive. I'm going to have hx40 on top.

there is a plug towards the back of the block you can knock out and get a stock turbo drain tube to work just fine... they use this one on the large truck b series... if you remove the hard coolant lines you can install a threaded plug in the block. 1/2 npt. there is a block with 2 hose fittings on coolant return side, just plug that one... or remove and weld closed.
the tranny cooler lines use a 1/4 npt to a 1/2 inverted flare style with an o ring...... loop them or rework the hot line from trans to front cooler.
good luck let us know how she turns out

I know about that back plug but I was wondering how to get it out. Can you just tape it with a screw driver or punch to bend like the side and then pull it out. What is the best way because i do not want it to go into the oil pan, if that is possible.

Thanks for the input on the lines.

coolant lines on the heat exchanger, throw 1/2"NPT plugs in at the block one is net to the alternator, one in the lower radiator hose/water pump bracket.

as far as the oil drain, I hit it with a screw drive and pulled it out. some say the best way is to drill a small hole, and screw a sheetmetal screw into it. then pull it out with vise grips. I was all set on getting metal shavings into the pan.

Back