A lot of fun…..then BANG

Zeppelin654

Pittsfield, PA truck pulls. My second run. They bumped me up to Pro Stock Diesel because they only had a few trucks. I was only running 700 pounds up front. I had a MUCH better launch than the first run. I launched at 5000 rpm in 4th gear, 4 low. I actually did it right this time and waited until the boost hit 45-47 psi before I finished slipping the clutch. Perfect, I was thinking. . . . until at the 160 foot mark I realized that I had way too high of a gear for that tight of a track. I needed 2nd 4 hi or 3rd 4 low. About 6 trucks broke at that track is that gives you an idea of how things were going. I ended up with 180 feet. The rpms plummeted down past 2000 at about 170 feet and I knew it was over. Different gear = different story. Well, theres always next time…..or so I thought…..

Pre Pull:
IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

http://youtu.be/_VuEE4X2k0I
http://youtu.be/cDPNnG3KQ88
http://youtu.be/-ecutvNgce8

All that fun happened before this……..I was foolin around in a field the day after and I was wide open and I see A LOT of smoke comin from the engine bay…..Oil F$%*#& everywhere….Put a hole in the block…..tearing it apart now to asses the damage. Sucks because I just finally got her back from being built a month earlier. Bigger and better now though….I guess (sorry the pics are blurry)

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Not sure what happened. Possibly sheared the wrist pin from the piston and a rod let loose….I am not sure. If you look into the hole straight on, you can see the crank and the rod and both appear intact and not bent. There is no hole in the other side of the block and the oil pan is whole and in place. I guess I'll find out what happened when I tear it apart…..All my work down the drain……gota pay to play I guess. It'll be better next time. I like spending money haha

Off topic but i like the tach in your truck what make and model is that ? thanks, dont give up build it better next time.

Triple post?

Sorry for doing that man. I thought if I posted in a couple different sections, I could get advice on the next build, input on where to go next, and thoughts on why it happened. Sorry for crowding the forum. Just real frustrated now and looking for answers now…..

Off topic but i like the tach in your truck what make and model is that ? thanks, dont give up build it better next time.

Auto Meter 2894 - Auto Meter Performance Series Street Tachometers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I'll do it bigger and better next time, for sure

Did you build the truck to pull or What?

from phone

I built it to be a fast a$$ on the street and pull when ever I want without worries. So much for no worries…..

PHP:
Sorry for doing that man. I thought if I posted in a couple different sections, I could get advice on the next build, input on where to go next, and thoughts on why it happened. Sorry for crowding the forum. Just real frustrated now and looking for answers now…..

Auto Meter 2894 - Auto Meter Performance Series Street Tachometers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I'll do it bigger and better next time, for sure

I built it to be a fast a$$ on the street and pull when ever I want without worries. So much for no worries…..

What tach sensor did you use for your setup?

Old Steamroller in pulling form:

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

New Dedicated Pulling truck I picked up (2000 Dodge 24V):
file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

Last pull before I bought it (I think its the second truck):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h1d7p6um64"]Stoneboro 2.8 Diesel Truck Pull, July 21 - YouTube[/ame]

NOW, I just need to figure out what to do with the blue truck to get it back on the street. Maybe go all stock except for turbo, injectors, o ring head, head studs, and some pump mods…..

Last edited:
Congrats on the new truck! Strong running VP truck. Sad to see it leave the area though.

I live in Clearfield, PA. 2 hours from Meadville, and 45 minutes from State College. Its not quite leaving the area lol. I'll be around. I got it from Marvin Coblentz…..heck of a nice guy. It is a strong VP truck…..future plans are ppump and a 5 speed.

Wow... I dont get it. Your front end parts and bearings are going to be hating life...

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

New meats are on. Just have to mess with removing all the chrome and graphics now…..Bug deflectors are gone too haha not too many bugs comin at ya goin 30 mph down the track…. name for the rig: "STORMTROOPER" (trademarked lol)

10 4 High Tech. He's. great guy. I'm goin for a different look next year.....fpp all season. Hopin for the best. Wish me luck

Back