A Lotta Smoke ....???

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
Got the TNT off the Smarty website (dont have the R yet) with a set of 120hp injectors and a 64/14 charger ....

Every setting on the smarty smokes like crazy and i have tried almost all the settings .... and the EGTs will Tap on my 1500* stopper before LOCK UP ...

Just curious if anyone has any ideas of what might be the issue here ... this thing BOILS the smoke out too... :what:

rail pressure? boost? Elevation?

have you tried ALL of the timing levels?

What settings are you running on the TNT. Try using lower SW # and be more conservative on settings to start with.

Mine actually smokes less with the TNT that with standard Revo software.

Im staying away from #4 on RP ... it cracked a couple of my new injectors right off the bat ... I run RP on #3

The More TQ Man. i put to it the WAY more it smokes and there is NO spool up advantage to it ... So TQ Man. is on #2

Boost at WIDE OPEN is Gated to 45 psi ... trying to be friendly to the stock studs for NOW...

Timing is on STOCK right now and i switch between it and #3 ... Can not really tell a difference between either one other than Stock is a bit more drivable ... A BIT MORE ....

SWs -- 1 -> 9 ... doesnt matter ... the higher the number the bigger the cloud ...

It doesnt want to keep the Charger Lit either ... and i do not know the exact deminsions on the charger other than it is a 64/14 with a bunch of custom stuff done to it ....

The only way this thing can be driven is with Manually shifting the Auto ...

LMK what you think about this .... This set up has been known to pull 700+HP on an '05 6 speed but it is being problematic with me in the '06 Auto .... the 05 had the TNT-R ... :bang

I know with mine if I turn up the RP I can black out the road, and it is not really controllable. If I turn the RP down it is controllable, but I run the Smarty TST stack not just the Smarty

The Tnt and TNT/R make less smoke on my truck than most of the older tunes.Don't know why yours would be different.Stock timing is the least so I would stay away from that for smoke control.I run timing 3, RP 2, Tq 2 on level 3 for daily driving and towing.The smoke is there only if I stomp it but it clears up quickly.I run timing 2,Tq 3,RP 3 for play.I get a little timing rattle on timing 2 but the power gain is noticable.The smoke is still less than all the older beta's.

Im closing off the GATE on my charger today ... then i will play with the tuneing and see what i can do ...

RP turned up to 4 is where mine runs the cleanest it is just a little harsh on the injectors right now .... my Dual CP3 kit will be ready in about 3 weeks so hopefully that will help with the Rail Drain issues as well ...

:thankyou2:

Just for an update .... The charger didnt like to be told what to do with the wasegate ... so we blocked it off and she runs REALLY strong now ... wastegate is leaking a bit however and we are going to weld her up in the next week or so ....

No more barking, great spool up, clears out a little better (still a little leaky seal on gate) ...

Only runs about 50psi at WOT and we are thinking with the dual fuelers, the right tuneing, and welding the gate closed we can scratch on a COOL 60psi ... But then i will need to stud her up ... OH WELL !!!!! .... :evil

Also found out it is a modified HT 71 ... 64/71/13 ....

take the side cover off and verify that the pucks are fully closing. You may have a drive pressure leak if the wastegate pucks are dragging against the casting of the housing. It only take a small leak to cause big headaches, trust me. LOL

take the side cover off and verify that the pucks are fully closing. You may have a drive pressure leak if the wastegate pucks are dragging against the casting of the housing. It only take a small leak to cause big headaches, trust me. LOL

this is our problem ... We actually knew that going into it with this turbo but we didnt know the amount of leak that it would have ... as i am still running stock studs we wanted to keep the boost below 50psi so we thought the leak wouldnt affect it that bad but it starts to bleed off at around 10 - 15 psi ... We achieved the 50psi below very easily because of this and it would run to 48 and then stop but as the turbo broke in it started to loose more and more boost ... not we are only seeing 44psi max ... It is clearing it up better now that we blocked the gate off but we still have the puck leak just as you mentioned .... we are gonna fix this as the leak causes the truck to run a little hot when pulling my trailer ...

But MILLS, you are pretty much dead on here ... :Cheer:

Hey, as a matter of fact it was a yr ago on thanksgiving night that you helped me with my smarty issues ... maybe i will call ya for old time sake ... LOL

I remember that call. :D And your right, it has been a year almost LOL. Man I'm getting old. lol

Back