a recall to check out

what is it replaced with cause i had bought the supposedly "upgrade" for the steering that replaces the outer tie rods and etc. and it connects the tires together instead of it goin from the steering box to the right tire then the left tire connects to that.
l_114ec06ec8b525ff4b7867d5df14c33f.jpg

ithe linkage you see in the picture is a superseded part due to vendor change not cause of the recall...the recall is due to faulty inner tie rod at the steering box and a weak bracket holding steering damper to the linkage.

I typed in my VIN and it says INCOMPLETE .....

But it really didn't say YES mine is one that needs fixed...

I guess I'll ask the dealer tmrw....Gotta go by there in the morn. anyway....

mine showed something about a child selt belt nothing about steering componets

Yup, it gets mine, maybe the dealer will give me the parts to put on myself so they do not get ahold of my truck and void other warranties.

we will see what happens.. i guess i will take my programmer out and hope they dont ***** about the Airdog or the gauges....

So Can you go in anytime and get this thing covered for free? I just got done replacing all my tie rods and everything. Don't feel like just going in there and getting them replaced again? Figured I would run these for awhile and go in and get this done later.

According to their letter if you have already replaced them they will reimburse you for your cost in fixing the problem.

what is it replaced with cause i had bought the supposedly "upgrade" for the steering that replaces the outer tie rods and etc. and it connects the tires together instead of it goin from the steering box to the right tire then the left tire connects to that.
l_114ec06ec8b525ff4b7867d5df14c33f.jpg

how much did you pay for that steering set up and where can you get it from?

That means that you are eligible for the fix and have not had it completed.

I wonder if they'll make me do the stupid out of park recall too. I need to take mine in tie rods are shot anyway.

While we're talking about the front end does anybody else's truck eat axle joints. I replaced the driver side at 73k, the passenger side at 110k and now the driver side is going out again. I don't do many boosted 4wd launches and I hardly ever get off the road.

I just replaced both of mine at 62k.. My drivers side was shot and the pass side was getting bad

****READ MY POST BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY GO INTO THE DEALER*****
buddy of my at the dealership informed me that the only thing they will do is if your steering stabilizer brackets ubolts nuts are 13mm they will upgrade the ubolts to 15mm and replace the stud that the stabilizer bolts to. And also replace ur passenger side tie rod end only. And if your steering linkage doesnt have the ubolts you will have them now but you will not have the "WHOLE UPGRADED LINKAGE" like i have. And Chrysler will reimburse you if your receipt has the (2) part numbers that were used to fix your truck.
Hope this helps

Also dont get mad when you come back and ur truck wasnt even touch because even tho the internet says your truck is "incomplete" doesnt exactly mean your truck is one of the "recall" ones they put that on there so all of the trucks will come in. There is a serial number stamped on both parts and if the parts dont match the "troubled" ones then you truck will not be touched.

how much did you pay for that steering set up and where can you get it from?

i got it from the dealership its called the "upgraded" steering linkage assembly it really makes a difference in bump steer and etc. I cant remember how much it was i think around 150-200.

Back