a518 overdrive won't work

gorilla550

wondering if anybody has rigged a switch to the overdrive to bypass the pcm as the overdrive in my 93 won't work..I'm thinking there is a short in the wiring as it has flashed on and off when hitting bumps and as the enginge and trans while eventually be getting swapped into another truck i don't need a permant fix for this one :bang

Yes. There's 3 ways to go about it.

Find the short and fix it

Find the correct wire and ground it through the switch

Put a potentiometer in and control OD that way.

I run a potentiometer on mine. You can control shift points, and it was $8 for the whole thing.

The pot mod probably won't fix it, I had the same trouble and just put it on a switch, no more problems.

thanks everybody for the replies..I think I may just go with a switch until the engine /trans goes into my f550...

Anyone have a wiring diagram? I have one that won't shift into OD. We have installed a potentiometer and a resistor in place of temp sensor. Still not working. It works if I ground the wire going to solenoid, but I'd like to make it work auto

Might be the computer itself, they can be hooked up with a pressure switch so it would still shift automatically.

Back