AC Compressor Conversion

Tobin

5.7 IDI Powaa!
I have gone through a few AC compressors on my truck. It is the 2006-up cheaply made Taiwan compressor. I am thinking of putting a 1996-2005 Sanden in the truck. Anyone else done it? I think all I need is the compressor and the hose.

Did you get anymore info on this? I'll be redoing the AC system on my 07 soon and would like to use the sanden compressor also.

I wish I had know this was an option. Just went through my whole ac system two weeks ago......

I have gone through a few AC compressors on my truck. It is the 2006-up cheaply made Taiwan compressor. I am thinking of putting a 1996-2005 Sanden in the truck. Anyone else done it? I think all I need is the compressor and the hose.

Whenever I see repeat compressor failures, it’s always because the system was not flushed properly or thoroughly and/or the filter drier was not replaced. I’ll easily go through a gallon of refrigerant flush. That, and a truckload of compressed air. I’m sure people would think that’s excessive, but every multiple compressor failure job I’ve repaired has never failed again.

Whenever I see repeat compressor failures, it’s always because the system was not flushed properly or thoroughly and/or the filter drier was not replaced. I’ll easily go through a gallon of refrigerant flush. That, and a truckload of compressed air. I’m sure people would think that’s excessive, but every multiple compressor failure job I’ve repaired has never failed again.

This.

I was told by a trust worthy mechanic that the 03-07 condensers are a pain to flush. He suggested just replacing the condenser if shaving are in the system.

06 225k factory ac components. Just a blower fan and a line. Doesnt blow for **** and heat barely works as the dash plugs full of bull****. Farm truck that has a cracked passenger window from driving around on washboard roads all its life but blend door still functions apparently.

Back