actron fuel pressure gauge

johnstontruckin

My question is has anyone used one of these on a diesel motor? It says not to use on a diesel but the good people :lolly:at AutoZone called actron and they said use it but put it on the low pressure side of the fuel system. The only place I know to install it is at the top of the stock fuel filter. I'm just wondering will it read accurate or break or what? I know there is a difference between gas and diesel but I wasn't sure. Thanks. Derek

go ahead and put in on, I suggest downstream of the filter but that's just me. it sounds to me like they're just saying not to put it on one of the injection lines, or on the rail of a CR.

go ahead and put in on, I suggest downstream of the filter but that's just me. it sounds to me like they're just saying not to put it on one of the injection lines, or on the rail of a CR.

But will it read accurately ? I would assume it would?

I got an ISSPRO fp gauge and isolator from Geno's Garage. I wasn't thrilled about having diesel fuel in the cab of my truck. Very good prices and great service!

I got an ISSPRO fp gauge and isolator from Geno's Garage. I wasn't thrilled about having diesel fuel in the cab of my truck. Very good prices and great service!

I'm just needing a hand held gauge. Just to do a quick test, it won't be mounted in the cab

But will it read accurately ? I would assume it would?

I believe the top of the stock filter is going to be pre-filter, so as long as you have a clean filter it'll be damn close, I still like to measure post-filter. that way you don't have to account for pressure drop across the filter. either way you go I'd be fairly surprised if you saw 1 psi difference.

If this is for your 95, you'll see a lot of pulsing when the truck is running. the gauge probably wont last too long unless you use a snubber of some sort. Also, fuel pressure at idle and no load is a whole different animal than fuel pressure under load.

What are you trying to determine?

Travis

You want to use the more inside of the 2 1/8 npt Ports, that will be after filter..

If this is for your 95, you'll see a lot of pulsing when the truck is running. the gauge probably wont last too long unless you use a snubber of some sort. Also, fuel pressure at idle and no load is a whole different animal than fuel pressure under load.

What are you trying to determine?

Travis

Sorry boys, this was on my 99 that I haven't added to my Sig. I was having a issue with a really bad miss and white smoke. I was trying to determine if I needed a new vp or not . I have another thread started about it. I used the hole closest to the bolt that drops the canister and it carried 15psi until I started it and then it would drop to zero . So I wired it direct and it threw a code. So I cleared it, and started it back up and to my surprise there was no miss? But I still had zero fuel pressure...... but somehow it was running fine so I don't know what gives.?

Back