Adam Winslett sets the 24v HP mark at......

jkt or jtkcummins---you're barking up the wrong tree here---first off the head wasn't put on for that "have it" factor---it was an accident....Adam bought a head thru Cummins and he had it ported by J&H and when he got it back and went to hook up the injector lines he then found out what had happened-Cummins West gave him the wrong head-----he couldn't really return it for an ISB head, because he had all the porting done and would be out a ton of $$$$....

now for part two---don't be piping off here about things when you're trying to compare apple to oranges---straight for straight, port for port a CR head outflows an ISB head---maybe the gain is closer when you go to the extreme port job on both heads......... chris

csutton7 said:
jkt or jtkcummins---you're barking up the wrong tree here---first off the head wasn't put on for that "have it" factor---it was an accident....Adam bought a head thru Cummins and he had it ported by J&H and when he got it back and went to hook up the injector lines he then found out what had happened-Cummins West gave him the wrong head-----he couldn't really return it for an ISB head, because he had all the porting done and would be out a ton of $$$$....

now for part two---don't be piping off here about things when you're trying to compare apple to oranges---straight for straight, port for port a CR head outflows an ISB head---maybe the gain is closer when you go to the extreme port job on both heads......... chris

Exactly what i was saying. The head was not put on the truck because they assumed it would make more power. He was intending on using a ISB head insted of a CR head. Its just a coincsident that the the truck had the CR head and made almost a 1000hp.

According to PDR a CR head does not flow significantly more that a ISB head. But no one can say what the flow rate of a CR head is. The best way too compare are numbers not guess work.

I am just trying to figure out if its worth the extra money to go with the CR head.

BrettWINspeed said:
Stock head to stock head, how do they compare? How does a ported CR head compare to a ported ISB head?

Thats exactly what i want to know. But no one has flowed a CR head. Or atleast from what i gather.

Last edited:
csutton7 said:
you boys need to read a little better--it was stated by J&H that it was a CR head and I think I stated it also and now again by CL2000---you need only a 2nd gen head gasket and some custom fuel lines and yes the block is a 2nd gen also with no work--stock cam, stock bottom end, stock valve springs(for now)--chris

Stock valve springs ??

Hammer said:
I'd like to know why the "how does one install a Common Rail head on a 24v Block" question keeps getting dodged?.Since its common knowledge that they do not interchange due to water jacket passages not even close to lining up.

Could this be a Common Rail block and head with the VP44 pump conversion done to it?.Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

Kas..
I will not try and rain on Adams hard work and keep this short.Richard,as TimeBomb has already stated,has yet to post anything from his big run.There are those who question the legitimacy of his numbers on a dyno on fuel alone.Look at it this way,IF Schieds,Haisley and many of the other big pullers are known to be over 1500 on a engine dyno at the crank,which would put them at around 1200 to the ground,and yet they have issues starting their rides,let alone drive them daily,doesn't that seem a bit odd?.How does he just turn the key on a truck making more power than the pullers have in the Midwest when they need other fluids to get them lit with less power than him,magic maybe?????......Andy
im not sure i would say that taking a CR engine and putting a VP pump on it would make any 'sense' at all.... it would be a step backwards.

wheres adam at i havnt seen him post anything on this? all i know is he has the sweetest dodge vp truck ive ever seen and about that dyno run sounding like a 600hp run i disagree there was a lot of 600hp guys at that dyno day and didnt sound close to his truck congrats adam!

Back