Adam Winslett sets the 24v HP mark at......

Double J said:
A lot more "special" pumps.

I guess there's a VIP list at scheid in order to get these pumps....?
There not the usual Lightning or HRVP they sell on their website, from what I've heard.

farmboysdiesel said:
Two 120 solenoids and two 15lbs bottles - gonna spray this biznach and it's gonna go or blow come bleed or blister. Highest on fuel only is 807.8 uncorrected and since a little more fuel has been thrown into the mix.

I picked up 189hp and 270ft lb with one 120 solenoid, the other does me no good at this point because I'm out of fuel, unlike you. :bang This should be interesting Gus. :pop:

sleepin-sport said:
Correct, it's a scheids. From what I've heard, scheid made his (Adam)pump "special" , just like the scheids pump that was on the TS truck was also suppose to be "special".

Where did you here this? Adam's pump is a hot rod pump off the shelf, nothing else. Hes had it for a while, b4 the commonrail head and the NOS.

Adam knows his NOS hes been spraying multi stage race cars since we were in highschool. (15+ years ago). The system which he designed for his truck was still not dialed in. If it had been working up to his full potential i bet it would have been in the four digit range. Not to mention the tires spinning on the dyno.

231jasons said:
Where did you here this? Adam's pump is a hot rod pump off the shelf, nothing else. Hes had it for a while, b4 the commonrail head and the NOS.
It was from another forum member (here) that's not a big fan of the HRVP. So I guess that's why he probably made that statement.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's running a HRVP, I recently ordered a II HRVP that hasn't been installed yet. Highest HP VP has a HRVP :woohoo:

Last edited:
I know that I will never be at this level...but I just saw the graph and well...I'll just keep my comments to myself.

getblown5.9 said:
I know that I will never be at this level...but I just saw the graph and well...I'll just keep my comments to myself.

Not much to comment on. Too small of an N20 feed line and not enough volume plus a cold bottle cause the spiky curve. He'll be back shortly with the right stuff in place to nail down 1000.

haha,thanks, yeah, used to do a lot of marketing stuff back when I was in tech. Sometimes it still shines through.

Well if it is 1000 mark graph like that I am not buying it. Have played enough to spike myself around too for a number...............

For the naysayers, here is the 902 run from a couple of weeks ago, no significant spikes. This was with one decent and one marginal stage of mis-timed nitrous.

Attachments

• adams902hp.jpg
    adams902hp.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 87
231jasons said:
What does a 990 run sound like? Have you ever heard one? Sound has a funny way of changing depending on a lot of stuff. What exhaust you have, what turbo you have, the variables are neverending. How about the recording device think that might change the sound? How about the acoustics of the room? Why do so many need to bash, could it be green eyed farm boys?

:blahblah1:

The few I have personally watched....gave the tie down straps a run for their money! :rockwoot:
truck in that video didn't barely even lunge..?

Last edited:
csutton7 said:
it happened--Adam, as stated, has been in the diesel performance stuff for a long time and is as honest as they come....funny thing is Adam doesn't need a graph --20 guys were there and saw it, but hopefully there is one to keep everyone happy---

here's the link to the vid.....chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMPe5wGlNA

if that is 990, then there definately looks to be enough fuel for 1000. congrats and good luck.

Garrett

9 LIVES said:
The few I have personally watched....gave the tie down straps a run for their money! :rockwoot:
truck in that video didn't barely even lunge..?

So which was it sounded like a 650 run or looked like a 660 run.......get your complaint straight. Just because its not a lifted truck and the dyno guys strapped it down correctly that makes everyone who said its a 990 run BS artist?

WHATEVER

Erik@TVP said:
Hey folks, I wrote up a little article with some pics and the dyno graph as well as the link to the YouTube Video. Enjoy!
http://trivalleyperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=14&Itemid=31

Personally, I would feel ashamed to post that dyno sheet on my website and call it a 990 hp graph. :hehe:

I stand by what I said previously.......on a 248, the truck would be lucky to break 800. 224 with the load on = min. 10% higher number than a 248:bang

Regardless.........it's just a number anyway..............what's it run at the track?

I think 11.62 a few weeks ago and it didn't have this NOS set up---the exact # may be wrong but it was in the 11's again I'll try and verify....

Adam's truck has an off the shelf Sheid HRVP..like stated earlier and the CR head like stated earlier---all other stuff I don't feel it's right for me to say and plus there's a couple of things I don't know exactly what he's running right now---so someone else or Adam himself can post what he has---

chris

ok I just checked out the graphs and I'll say the 902 run is legit, but since I don't dig spikes, I'll wait until he does it again with the truck set up like he wanted---hopefully it will tatter 1000, but we will have to wait and see----when I posted it was right after he called me and I didn't ask about how the graph looked(cuz Adam knows spikes don't count) and I'm not sure he even knew when he called me as he was in the truck still at that point on the dyno----so next time I'll ask so not to give out info that I feel and a lot others feel isn't legit....sorry for the misinformation .....chris

I was the one who thought it might be a little diffrent pump. That was speculation and i appologize if i got somthing started! I'll be honest i just really didnt think a hrvp44 had that much potential, any news is good news in my eyes. again, I appologize if i mis-lead or got somthing started.... Seems like someone said it had some diffrent parts on it! Any way.. back on topic

I'd like to know why the "how does one install a Common Rail head on a 24v Block" question keeps getting dodged?.Since its common knowledge that they do not interchange due to water jacket passages not even close to lining up.

Could this be a Common Rail block and head with the VP44 pump conversion done to it?.Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

Richard is a very well respected guy who has always put down what he said the truck could. He's the one that was setting records and making insane power when diesels weren't cool.

Kas..
I will not try and rain on Adams hard work and keep this short.Richard,as TimeBomb has already stated,has yet to post anything from his big run.There are those who question the legitimacy of his numbers on a dyno on fuel alone.Look at it this way,IF Schieds,Haisley and many of the other big pullers are known to be over 1500 on a engine dyno at the crank,which would put them at around 1200 to the ground,and yet they have issues starting their rides,let alone drive them daily,doesn't that seem a bit odd?.How does he just turn the key on a truck making more power than the pullers have in the Midwest when they need other fluids to get them lit with less power than him,magic maybe?????......Andy

Back