Adding power windows/locks

myusername

This might be a dumb question, but when adding power windows/ locks, does the computer in a 1995 12v truck have to be reflashed for it to work?

I'm going to be swapping cabs/dash/all wiring out from my truck, which has no options except power mirrors with a cab from a truck with all power. I just dont want any surprises when I get it swapped over

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but when adding power windows/ locks, does the computer in a 1995 12v truck have to be reflashed for it to work?

It would be a lot of work to install them. Most likely have to tear out the dash to change the wire harness, and get the correct Timing and Alarm Module to have them work.

Edit- The Timing and Alarm Module is what Chrysler calls the BCM basically.

It would be a lot of work to install them. Most likely have to tear out the dash to change the wire harness, and get the correct Timing and Alarm Module to have them work.

Edit- The Timing and Alarm Module is what Chrysler calls the BCM basically.

Sorry, I didnt include details and I think I edited my post as you were posting yours. I have all the wiring and everything from the donor truck from the fuse box back. I'm not sure right off what the BCM is, but if its anything in the dash I have it here. I'm just hoping to get as much figured out before I swap cabs and have a bunch of surprises

The module is located right by your right foot, up the center of the dash. If you have a donor then you're set. The PCM has nothing to do with the windows. Just swap it out and go!

Back