Adding TPS to a auto swapped truck

Got Smoke?

Anyone installed a OE style TPS on a truck they converted to auto?
Just had my 47RE completely gone through went back to a normal VB and have an Anteater controller, but my dumbazz didn't think about needing a TPS for the Anteater to hook up to.

Looks like its a bolt on deal after searching on here for an hour. Bracket, bolts, TPS seems fairly simple but it's never truly that simple. Will I need a auto PCM to make it function correctly? Is there a TPS plug there in the engine harness?
Truck isn't here where I can look at it currently, and not sure if I'll make it to the garage its in this weekend so these may be dumb obvious questions if I had my truck in front of me.

Look at a pinout for the TPS and find the ground and 5V ref lines, find a good place to tap those into, make sure it's a nice clean supply. Connect the anteater to whatever other pin it's supposed to go to and I'd think it should work. If it's not happy you might need a pull up or pull down resistor to mimic what's inside the PCM but you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

With not having auto wiring harness you’ll have to feed the tps a 5 volt signal. All of the ppump throttle linkages are set up to take a tps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the anteaters have a clean(er) 5V signal available, as well as a ground, and obviously the TPS input.

You can also use a resistor between 5V and the TPS, but then you don't get to utilize the map like you would with the TPS.
Kick-downs are fun.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

can you source the TPS, loom and brackets for that year truck in an auto?
Im guessing you already got the throttle linkage and TV cable?
if you are using the anteater on a 47RE my bet would be no, its a stand-alone controller. Could be wrong But you will want to make sure it handles lockup and OD too.
if you decide to do that without the PCM, you can get a small voltage regulator and a couple resistors, or a 12v to 5v power supply off ebay or something to feed the TPS.
I bought one of those for a project, was pretty cheap and straightforward.

I still haven't done this its on a long list of stuff I still want to get done with the truck.

Thank you all for the helpful info some motivation too to get off my butt.

Back