Adjustable front shocks

smoke machine

What are you all running for front shocks? Adjustable if so any specs would help. I'm switching mine out and deleting shock towers

What class? Some require all stock suspension systems. We run 4 coil over shocks on the front of our 4mod truck.

I'm deleting the tower so I could fab a mount to run a cross bolt shock instead of a stud style

This is pretty much how I did mine, mines the black one and my buddys is the red one. Then we got some spacers to put on the shock cylinder.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366013911937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366013911937.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366013934628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366013934628.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366013960027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366013960027.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
u worried about the bounce if you pull the sled off the track again?

The truck never seemed to hook up. I know the track was part of it but after seeing the videos the fronts lifting way to much. I want to keep it down and hope shocks can help

True. They have to be better than the ones that are on it know lol. Still has the extra tall bilstiens from when I had the leveling kit on it. They are serious lol

Haisley has shocks that would be a good fit. They have ends that are able to put studs in.

True. They have to be better than the ones that are on it know lol. Still has the extra tall bilstiens from when I had the leveling kit on it. They are serious lol

Changing your shocks won't help with the front end lifting.

Take a good look at the pictures cummins41 posted. Build some flat upper shock mounts like they did and run your extra tall shocks.

People have tried strapping the front of ifs and it doesn't work out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I can see that working on 2wd, but terrible on 4wd, lift and break..

Changing your shocks won't help with the front end lifting.

Take a good look at the pictures cummins41 posted. Build some flat upper shock mounts like they did and run your extra tall shocks.

see, were setting the height that we want the truck at with those spacers with the weight out of the box(1,000lbs), then were raising the front about a inch, then putting the weight back into the box which should make it not lift after being set solid without the weight on it.

Don't shoot the messenger.

It supposedly worked well for the guy that was doing it.
He did say there was some trial and error on how tight to make the chains...he had them to tight to start with and caused some damage but he said it worked well once he learned how much slack to put in the chains.

I've actually seen it done a few times...I didn't say it was right though.

You dont really need shocks the ones on my truck have been bad for a few years. They are just there to make the techs happy.

What is the advantage of eliminating the shock tower and adding the flat plate?

Back