Adjustable overflow valve

89cumminstd

Does anybody have experience with these? Are they worth it? And how are you supposed to tune them?

They work great vs. the stock ofv. You tune them with your fuel pressure Guage.

I out one in, and it had the same max pressure as my stocker. I had the put a heavier spring in it to get the fuel pressure up to a reasonable PSI.

If you have 100 bucks, Just pull the spring from the OFV, and put in a decent return regulator.

What fuel pressure should I be looking at while adjusting this? From idle and 2500 Rpms? I stuck a fuel pressure gauge on last night and the whole way through it was hanging at about 10 so I pinched the return line a little and it shot up to 30, so that tells me it's almost certain the overflow valve is bad correct? I replaced the fuel pre heater screen and deleted the heater to see if that was restricting as well as a new fleetguard fuel filter but none of that helped. Is it worth having the fuel heater on these do they even help?

I run without a fuel bowl screen, and heater. get a fitting that screws into the lift pump and run 3/8 line from the tank straight to that new fitting. Sounds like your ofv and lift pump may be getting tired, try the ofv first though.

With a 3/8 line straight from the tank to the lift pump and Vulcan performance 1/2" fuel system upgrade from the lift pump to the fuel filter housing and from the fuel filter housing to the injection pump, I never see under 30 psi full tilt with a healthy 215 pump and some 5x14s.

It looks like that kit comes with a dual feed to right? I think I'm gonna get it it's priced well and seems to help alot

What will help FP is getting rid of all the factory junk. Like 95 cummins said you want more of a strait shot to the IP.
The most expensive part believe it or not is going to be HQ fuel line. The cost to ship the line plus the cost of the line itself really adds up quick.(i used 1/2 parker)
My Fuel System now sees 30 at Idle and 50 WOT

Back