Adjustable pump gear

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Where is a good place to get the adjustable pump gear? My timing slipped on me this last weekend, and I would like to get this resolved.

PDW POWER PM him he will get back with you for the cover and the gear I think I'm going to get one as well.

They also make a nice billet front cover with a service plate to adjust the timing quick and easy. I got mine from EEP, but Scheid's and Haisley's have them also.

I wish they were $400 dollars. I have found one for $550 so far. If I could find one for $400 it would be a done deal. Maybe even $450.

call Kenny Smith @ kenny's pulling parts....I have had a ton of stuff made by him...and he makes most of the listed aboves adjustable gears for them....Just as well get it from the source...just my 2cents

call Kenny Smith @ kenny's pulling parts....I have had a ton of stuff made by him...and he makes most of the listed aboves adjustable gears for them....Just as well get it from the source...just my 2cents

Thanks, that is where I got it from.

are all of them created equally? I heard one of them you had to still pop the gear? maybe I understood wrong.

Anyone have any problems with the billet front cover hitting the oil pump gear/gear hub??

Chris

Anyone have any problems with the billet front cover hitting the oil pump gear/gear hub??

Chris

Yes, it was PDW's cover...

I also made my own access plate for the adj. pump gear that seals with an oring. No more RTV to seal it each time I change the timing...

Yes, it was PDW's cover...

I also made my own access plate for the adj. pump gear that seals with an oring. No more RTV to seal it each time I change the timing...

Interesting...so is mine. Did you let them know about the problem?

What did you do to fix it? God idea on the o-ring seal, I might do that as well!

Chris

Interesting...so is mine. Did you let them know about the problem?

What did you do to fix it?

Nope, just took out the die grinder to clearance it. It wasn't discovered until the evening I was installing it. Just after that I realized the balancer wouldn't bolt on. Next up was the fact that the fan mount wouldn't fit either.

It wouldn't bother me except that I wasn't made aware of these things up front so I wasn't prepared for it. Added some time to reassembly...

Does this gear set or any other use the key way on the injection pump shaft to keep it from slipping the timming? Or are you guys just torqueing the heck out of the nut?

Nope, just took out the die grinder to clearance it. It wasn't discovered until the evening I was installing it. Just after that I realized the balancer wouldn't bolt on. Next up was the fact that the fan mount wouldn't fit either.

It wouldn't bother me except that I wasn't made aware of these things up front so I wasn't prepared for it. Added some time to reassembly...

OK, at least I wasn't lied to...not that I think the guys at PDW would.

I'll probably just die grind it out. I know about the balancer issue, but wasn't sure about the fan hub!

Thanks,
Chris

Back