Adjusting the valves???

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok i am all over setting the valves on a 24 valve. :huh:: But i just realized setting a 12valve to top dead center is not like a 24v. How do you set top dead center and then turn over 180*???

Ok i know where that is but can you breaf me on that a little.

Find TDC with the pin, Adjust valves1,2,3,6,7,10(numbered from the front),Pull the timing pin out roll the motor in the direction of normal running rotation 360 degrees, Then adjust the remaining valves.

I just do like Forrest, roll it over until both valves are loose on a cylinder adjust all that I can and just roll the engine to do the rest. Even when I had TDC marked on the balancer I could never get the pin to fall into the back of the gear, since then my TDC marks have rubbed off lol.

I would think that a Raymac motor would have some sort of mark on the balancer or something. BUt hey after what all i have gone through so far you never know.

with # 1 Cylinder @ Top Dead Center Compression (TDCC) (Both intake and exhaust valves on 1) you can adjust the Intake Valves - 1, 2, 4 and Exhaust Valves - 1, 3, 5.

Bar engine 360* to #6 TDCC and you can adjust Intake valves - 3, 5, 6 and Exhaust 2, 4, 6

I just stuck my finger in the Pin hole until the hole lined up. Then adjusted them. Thanks for the help.

Back