Advantages to intercooling between stages?

kansasfirstgen

Is there any advantage to plumbing the intercooler (air/air) between the secondary and primary turbos in a compound set up? Daily driving/ sled pulling/ racing.

I have seen some pullers do it with an air/water intercooler just wondered if the hassle would be worthwhile on a dd rig?

I plan on using 3 in intercooler plumbing and s362 over billet 70mm hx55. Looking for quick spool daily driver.

Thanks- AJ

It will lead to more efficient compression by the manifold turbo however not worth it except for a championship race truck.

there IS an advantge to using the search feature. this has been discused at length more than once.

LMAFO scott!

It will allow to use a smaller secondary with a large primary.

It will allow to use a smaller secondary with a large primary.

Which is the exact opposite of what he has. A 62 over a 70 hardly needs the whell reinvented. But it would add tons of unneeded piping to get it done.

it was explained to me so that you can drive the lp turbo harder say to 35 psi and the hp turbo sees cooler air and in usual cases works much less say to the tune of 10psi so doesnt heat the air much and at these nubers would see around 70psi manifold pressure.. there are advantages to dd and trailer towing like this, its just hard to plumb like this..

Which is the exact opposite of what he has. A 62 over a 70 hardly needs the whell reinvented. But it would add tons of unneeded piping to get it done.
I didn't even read his post. Just the thread title and your post.

Back