Advice on P pumping a first gen

cumminz90

Cant leave um alone
My truck scoured number one piston a while back and instead off putting new pistons in it i found a new p pumped 12 valve out of a larger truck i believe it came out of a f-800 ford or simaler i would like to no wat is involved in the swap like what some of you that have done it about the throtle linkages and the other various things that i mite run into. Any advice or pictures of your swaps would greatly be appreciated. :bow::thankyou2:

Yea thats the plan im swapping both engines just would like a little advice from people with the experience on these kinda swaps wat problems i mite run it to doing it like wat they did with there throttle and fuel cutoffs and other things im forgeting rite now

On mine I used a 94 Dodge motor so yours may be different I used a 2nd gen throttle cable A 24valve one would be best (Its longer 12 valve one is pretty tight) I also had to change the thermostat housing . The Adapter , starter & flexplate had to be changed out to the first gen ones. I think thats all here are some pics of project NOBUCKS
DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

2nd gen 12valve cable is a tight fit
DSC_0040.jpg

2nd gen intercooler upside down with a Dodge shadow AC condenser .
DSC_0027.jpg

I hope this helps Rich

Thanks alot this helps me out a great deal thanks for the pics that is what im looking for that is a real clean instalation by the way

Thanks I have a good deal of work in it(it had a bad injection pump & I had an extra motor) but not much money I had it driveable for about 600.00, with some help from friends . Ive got a little more invested now . I was not ready to take on another project but had extra parts from the Suburban swap and rescued it from a guy who was scrapping out vehicles by taking them to a car shredder .:eek::eek::eek:
If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.Good luck with yours. Rich
DSC_0025.jpg

Last edited:
Throttle Cable

Earlier in this post I mentioned that a 24valve throttle cable would be longer and a better choice for this conversion . I ordered one only to find that the injection pump end is completely different and will not work. Rich

Back