advice on selecting a turbo

700kenny

i'm looking to upgrade my turbo on my cr and since i use my truck to tow a 14k lb goose neck trailer, do i need to go with a 62mm inducer or could i go with a 64mm and still tow efficiently? still got stock sticks but going to put 100hp in soon and then probably need to do a cp3 mod?:thankyou2:

Kenny with your 6sp tranny I wouldnt hesitate to go with a 64mm, maybe go with the 65 turbine wheel instead of the 71 if your worried about spool up, but your drive pressure's will be higher with the 65 turbine wheel. But if your goin with 100hp sticks id go with the 71 over the 65!
I dont have any trouble spooling my 64/71/13ss with a trailer hooked to it and stock sticks, just hauled a load of stone home the other day on my dads 12k dump trailer and had a LOAD on it, had to pull it up over the mountain coming from Hagerstown to McConnellsburg and I didnt have any trouble at all, had the TNT-R set on SW-1 and I seen 1100 MAX on both my EGT gauges!!

Your truck kinda looks like mine.........:rockwoot:
PICS311.jpg

Here is my turbo....... BLING BLING.........:hehe:
DSC00638.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

I have an auto, and have had no issues with towing 12,000lbs. Like said above it will be even better with your 6-speed

I can't believe a turbo question got asked and it took more than 5 min. for an answer :hehe:

With the bigger injectors and a 62 it will tow very well as far as power goes. You may have to keep your foot out a little towing, but you'll like it. $.02

Newville Pa huh?

Back