Advice on tow rig setup.

12v94

I'm thinking I'd like to run a 467 on my 10. In my mind I'd like to run a little bigger injector and keep the tuning real mild for the tow tune. It seems like it would be a little easier on the motor like that. I'm not hooked to a trailer all the time but when I am I go anywhere in the US and gross around 26-27k. Anybodys opinion on this subject is welcome as long as you can explain why you think what you do. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No personal experience, but the 67 seems like the perfect do everything charger for a cr 5.9, and even more so for a 6.7. I used one on my 12 valve for a long time, and loved it, just keep timing reasonable.

What do you have now, and how does it handle that weight?

All I'm running right now is a HS box tune. It does fine, I just can't hang with my buddies 6.4 after work. I've got an extra stock pump off my 12 at home, so I'll probably run two cp3s rather than buy another one from Shane and have 2 stockers laying around. I'm thinking of going 150s or 200s on the injectors and run a pretty stock tune for towing and daily driving.

If you want to tow 26k your gonna have to get out of the race truck mind set!
I personally wouldn't go over 90hp on injectors I run them but wish I had 60's An S300 platform will do way better than that 467 for towing! Run a modded single CP3 it's good for over 700hp. A good EFI tune and your golden! You have to decide what you really want the truck for! I've got a 5.9 and eat fords for breakfast empty or towing!

I only move my camper a few times a year. I figured if I went 150s I could run a stockish tune for towing. I guess I need it to be a race truck more often than a tow rig. I do understand though that I can't always have my cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
in that case watch your EGT's and keep the RPM's above 2500 and you'll be fine! Enjoy whooping some ford ass!

Do you think I'll have any issues with coolant temps going the route I'm thinking?

I don't think you'd have any trouble making a high hp tow rig out of a common rail. I'd much rather use twins though, and use efi live, with a very conservative tow setting. LOL

I ordered efi yesterday from Ryan. I asked the guy Cody what he thought of my plan and he said it sounded fine. I just had to get some better tuning to get me by until I have time to do the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back