Aeroquip fittings

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
I have decided to use Aeroquip fittings on my fuel system. I know these are a bear to work with but, what are some tips on easing the assembly? If anyone has some pointers it would be greatly appreciated and my hands will thank you!!! Sorry if that sounds :homo: but I am already missing skin on my first one.:hehe: and its not even together.

You can boil some water and dip the end of the hose in it and use some oil on the fitting.

Aeroquip is a brand, not a type of fitting. What kind of fittings are you working with? Socket-less push-lock? Reusable hose ends? If you are using the reusable hose ends the Koul Touls hose assembly tools are supposed to be well worth their cost. For the socketless they make a little tool too.

I used the socket-less ones and did what CL2000 suggested and warmed the hose in water, oiled liberally, and pushed for all i was worth.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasnt more specific. I guess they are called the startlite Aeroquip FCM1013 / FBM1013 - Fits Hose Size -08
. I got the -10 to finally go on but what a bear that thing was. I ended up pulling the hose out of the first fitting about an 1/8th of an inch to get it to catch a thread to pull its self in. I just could not get the fitting in deep enough to catch any thread. I ended up tearing my palm up trying. The rest seem to be going better at they are -8s and -6s.

Thanks for the advise. The oil worked the best but Im sure there are many more tricks out there. I tried to bribe the speed shop that I bought them at to all come over and knock it out but no luck.

On another note, anyone have any pictures of what they have done in the AN-fittings? I would kind of like to do everything in it but what else can be done?

anyone have any pictures of what they have done in the AN-fittings?

Oh no you didn't :)

You can pretty much convert anything over just use the right hose and fittings :)

36954_402178052026_7806387026_4752666_7712923_n.jpg

BBD

good god my hands hurt from even looking at that. hahahaha That is very nice thank you for sharing!

jegs has some tools they aid in putting them things together they're from kool tools they work great and alot faster not that expensive either

Ya I could see buying them if I was doing that many. Im not getting that extensive so I guess my hands will just have to be sore for now. Then again, I will see how far I want to take this after I finish the fuel system.

Thank you!!!! Im going to have to make a trip back to the speed shop because I ended up scratching one bad. Ill have to use the tape trick. It just seems that the -10 hose is the toughest all the others seem pretty easy compared to that one.

Wrap with electrical tape.
Cut with cutoff wheel.
Put on leather glove.
Fitting in vice and turn hose with the hose ferrule like Scott says.

I started with the electrical tape but it seemed to allow the braiding to unravel a little to much for my comfort. I am now using duct tape with good sucess.

I know that you have to use a cut off wheel or thats how I have only done them but, that was years ago.

I bet the a vise would really help me put some weight into it instead of just my two hands and knees pushing them together. It is really something to watch. hahaha

LOL wait until you get into stainless teflon for brake hoses.

The Kool Tools that you can get for Assembly work great. I did my truck with them and I can assemble a hose with no vice and no pricks to my fingers.

Thanks for all the help guys, its greatly appreciated. This project will be done tomorrow when I go pick up a couple more fittings and clamps.

i used masking tape on the hose to keep it from unraveling and cut it with a cut off wheel.

Garrett

how doable are the teflon ones for break line? Can they be done by hand or do you need the tools?

Back