Afc tuning with twins.

I think you'd benefit from a lighter spring, I really like the 30-35psi spring with my compound turbo setup. It always has more boost available for AFC movement than needed so you can perfectly dial back the fuel curve depending on your driving conditions.

When I used to run just an AFC spring, I really liked the old super heavy governor spring from a 160hp pump, it wouldn't go full travel till 55 psi but it worked great for a hot truck that made 80 psi. But in towing situations it was horrible at times where you'd reach a wall of not enough boost to advance the AFC foot and you'd be stuck at say 30 psi overall boost and the throttle stopped up against the AFC foot so you're only option was to downshift and grab another gear or sit there wanting more fuel and not able to get it.

Hey Will,

Would you care to respond to any of my messages, text, PM's, smoke signals with a message, text, PM, and yes, I'd even accept a smoke signal.

Thanks,

Arch

I have afc live. That's why I was never complaining about mid to high range smoke. Just low end
I don't think I can back out on pre boost any more maybe a 1/8 of a turn

Thank you will, that's kinda what I was thinking. I have early enough boost to move the afc foot. My twins spool quick. I just didn't know the words to use to try to explain what I wanted LOL

Last edited:
I just got some springs from pdd. I have a 30-35 35-45 and a 45-60 I've been playing with the 35-45 spring I have it dialed in pretty good ..well to my liking. ( light to moderate foot) I rarely see 2300 rpm LOL

I will post some results as I test each spring. I might start off with 30-35. My goal is to clean up the 3rd gear acceleration puff puff light smoke screen.

Back