AFE Bladerunner and Water Meth

lcaad1249

I've got an AFE Bladerunner that I'm using to inject using the Snow Stage 3 MPG max kit. I haven't been too impressed with everything but have been in contact with Snow who have helped to make it better. Long story short, I took the Bladerunner off the other day and noticed that the blue staining of the WM seems to only be injecting towards the back of the motor.

To those who inject WM into their elbow, where do you inject at. I have the nozzles spraying into the normal bungs on the back of the bladerunner and have been thinking about drilling some new holes into with the bottom or top of the bladerunner or injecting after the intercooler. What is everybody's recomendations?

The nozzles that snow uses spray a very flat fan/cone shape, not actually having looked inside a bladerunner I would think the contouring blades might restrict the nozzles pattern. Bouncing off the walls and never mixing with the air across the whole intake, resulting in it favoring what ever side the nozzles are positioned. I would have to think that AFE would take that into their design though, they are factory bungs right? I know with my CFM I'm injecting on the back and I had to mark my nozzles with a marker so they were flush with the interior wall, they were originally installed to shallow and the pattern hit the threads, that and one was backwards. So if the blades in your afe are restricting the flow I'd try the top or bottom, pull the intake off and hard wire the pump to your battery and watch what it does. This is what I had to do to get the nozzles positioned right.

After working with Snow I ended up putting the nozzles into the inlet of the Bladerunner and the system works much better.

Interesting...I plan on doing the same thing soon. Thanks for the heads-up!

--Eric

Glad to hear it is working well! Let me know if you have any questions at all.

I've been hearing a lot about which mixture to use. I've been running -20 washer fluid almost exclusively. Lately I've been hearing with a setup like mine to only run water. Possibly for the head gasket, possibly for the pistons. Any more info?

I've been hearing a lot about which mixture to use. I've been running -20 washer fluid almost exclusively. Lately I've been hearing with a setup like mine to only run water. Possibly for the head gasket, possibly for the pistons. Any more info?

depending on what you use the system for. For power id say run 50% meth and for cooling only id use say 10% just so the water cant freeze it in the lines. As you change your mixture your may need to adjust nozzles and pressure ramp ect so you dont flame out. Lots of timing and meth is hard on gaskets and pistons so I used to run little timing. good luck to ya

I've got the TNTR on Timing 3. I'm mainly asking from a longevity standpoint. My EGT's aren't bad.

I kept diluting the blue stuff with water till my egts stayed at 1300, 50/50 did it for me. Everybody is different gotta play around.

Back