After blowing 2 turbos which is right for me?

ctd>therest

Hello all. Some of you may know that I gone thought two S472sxe turbos both in 1.1 first turbo warranty was voided due to a too big of an oil feed line. And the 2nd was because I pushed the turbo too far off the map. The shop did an outline of the turbo map vs what my engine is wanting it to due I'll include below.

seams like my motor is just too much for them. One lasted 7000 miles the other 1900.

So what turbo would you guys recommend? For my 2011 regular cab. Has manual 48re 136% nozzles. Ppe dual fuelers. 625s. Hamilton heavy duty push rods and springs. Fass 220 turbo smart blow off valve

Boost pressure before was around 60psi and 68-75 drive pressure.
Egts would hit 1750 almost peaking to 1800. And that's me having a mishimoto intercooler.

I also have a turbosmart 45mm hyper gate and a eboost2hp boost controller waiting to be installed. I also have a dual stage nitrous kit.

I'm thinking of going with a s480 type. But I don't know. I'm stumped this is the first truck I built so I'm open to suggestions and advise. Thanks have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.PNG
    IMG_2347.PNG
    471.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
With your fuel, I'd say the 472 was already a decent choice. Install your wastegate.

Lol yea I hear you. They just didn't want to warranty it.

Also is there a noticeable amount of difference between spool up time in between different ar housings? I think I want to go bigger than a 1.1 this time to help bring down my egts and drive pressure.

Well i don't know what bearings but seams that the bearings go bad. It blows out the seal for the turbine and compressor because oil leaks in both housings. Then the wheel gets starts rubbing again the housings too.

What about a 76/96mm "gangster" series from Forced Inductions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

With plans to spray it I would defiantly step up to a 96mm turbine and a t6 1.32 I have seen a few 6.7's running t6 1.32 and they seem pretty reasonable.

Back