Air bags for sled pulling

06CumminsMC

I don't pull often but I'm planning to on oct 4th. I don't really want to weld suspension stops onto the frame but I run firestone ride rites and wondering how they do with about 75 or so psi in them. There is no rule in the class I'm running just a 26" hitch height that I will have to stay under.
Thanks

I have the bolt on adjustable suspension stops and can take run them all the way up and they work great. Wouldn't weld any in unless you planned on doing it full time. IMO would use a adjustable set up just to take the stress off the bags and save some wear and tear.

A lot of pulls won't allow bags. If they are installed, airlines needs to be disconnected.

if making stops or getting removable stops aren't an option run the bags at 100psi

if making stops or getting removable stops aren't an option run the bags at 100psi
Correct me if I'm wrong but 100psi is the max you can put into most bags.....wouldn't adding all the weight of the sled be catastrophic for them?

I ordered my bump stops on line since I don't own a welder. Just type in adjustable suspension stops. There are a lot of companies that make them and mine bolt up right to the frame using the OEM bolts. Will post a pic later today, have to get a pic to post. They was only $100 or so.

With traction bars installed airing the bags up is not that big of an issue. Air them up with no traction bars and you could run in to issues. The best is to tie the suspension down so it will not raise when you air the bags up then pump them up to 100psi.

I'm with the other guys when it comes to airbags, could be hard on them if you don't have the built in pump. No more then I pull these I have are nice because if I have to I can run them up or take them off when needed.

I think i might unbolt the bags and just make a set of 2x2 square tube stops and mount them up to a piece of flat and bolt them in place.

With an 06 Dodge the suspension stops fit in just like the GM trucks, then you can keep the air bags installed all the time and have the stops installed all the time.

I was able to just remove the rubber bump stop, then bolt in my home made blocks. Never had a problem.
I've pulled with bags before, but your always wondering when it's going to blow.

I've seen a Pete blow it's bags at a pull, worse for him though, he needs the bags more than you.

Back