Air Dog and CP3 help please

hummin cummins

I had a thread on here last week about me sitting in traffic and it just dieing. It had no codes and everyone said it was the factory lift pump, because it wasn't getting any fuel. I installed an Air Dog 165 with a sump pick up. The wiring harness, apparently is not the correct one because it will not turn on and cycle with key. So we had to jump across it at the relay. It will start after a long crank time and run for 5 to 10 seconds and die. I can see the rail pressure and it starts at 90 kpa and falls back to a steady 40kpa and the truck will just die, the rail pressure does not drop before it dies. If I turn the pressure up on the AD it wont even start. So I changed the fca on the cp3 and no change, I changed the cp3 and still no change. I'm at a loss as to what could be wrong. I'm not sure if the wiring harness being incorrect or not working properly has anything to do with it. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Could the PRV be bad and not letting it build pressure?

Do you have another key? Silly thought but a bad key fob will cause a truck to shut down after a few seconds. Just a thought. Also grounds do weird things in these trucks!

Do you have another key? Silly thought but a bad key fob will cause a truck to shut down after a few seconds. Just a thought. Also grounds do weird things in these trucks!

Yep.....a bad Sentry key will allow it to start but will also shut it down at about the 15 sec mark.......good thought.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Falling rail pressure isn't security related, it's leakage or faulty supply somewhere.

It could be RPV, injectors with high return rate or associated fuel leakage, such as fuel transfer tubes not sealing or an injector locked open.

As far as your pressures mentioned in the OP, something isn't right, because 90kPa converts to 13 PSI and 40kPa converts to (roughly) 6 PSI.

Where are these readings coming from? At the rail, or BEFORE the CP3?

Mark.

Pull line at cp3 and bump starter, how much u getting from air dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Back