air dog/ fuel system issue?

TheHammer

broke
a friend of mine recently installed an airdog 165 on his 07 hd... his truck has 30% over injectors, a powermax, custom tunes from innovative... a few other goodies along with the main 6.0 fix upgrades. it was installed correctly just as the instructions stated. got the system primed and ready for start up. the truck fires right up and slowly shuts off in 30-45seconds(goes from smooth to inconsistant like its about to run out of fuel, then just dies), i opened the fuel filter canister on the engine to see if there was fuel present, the bowl was completely full. we played with the regulator, the pump is working properly and fuel does exceed 70 psi. when you hit the throttle as its running its smooth but the second you let off the engine dies. there is no regulated return nor is there a fuel crossover. so im wondering if its dead heading the system to the point it shuts off? at this point i will rant on the airdog, you guys did a great job cheapening up your product (plastic mounts, which are complete junk!!! and the quick connects have there + and -, more negative then positive, making a clean install and mounting the pump where guys want them is very difficult. *bdh*

Drop fuel pressure to 50 psi and see if there is a difference.

had it down to 45.. same story.
and thanks for the input..

Last edited:
A scan tool will not always show actual ficm voltage, use a multimeter, be careful.

Back