Air? How much can you draw?need help

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Question, my project is a non-turbo diesel-its a 6 cyc diesel engine(tractor ) and had 3 ct 2 cyc heads and the stock intake is about 3 ft long and about 3" around , my question is : I have a 3" elbow coming off intake and goes threw the hood about 3" and i have a 8" high round k & n air cleaner on it, a couple of turbo diesel tractor guys came over and said take the air filter off and run a 2 - 3 ft pipe up and you'll make more power, so what do you guys think about this ? I turn the engine around 2200 - 24oo rpm
p.s.
I can't build a custom intake because it has to remain stock looking and as nice as my tractor is they'll see it or find it.

All these diesel guys on here and no input or idea's ?
Wow - i thought i would have something by now

A pic would definately help! Without knowing a little more about your engine an wat your doing with it ,it's a little hard to know !

Case Tractor??

Elbows are bad, tons of restriction. One elbow is about 6' of straight pipes worth of restriction without doing a bunch of math.

Chris

Picture you requested

The air cleaner isn;t on at the moment but it does mount upper left hand of the hood, its a 8" high,round k & n filter, thing of taking that off and just run a 4" round chrome pipe about 18" high straight up ?

Attachments

• MOLINE 2011.jpg
    MOLINE 2011.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
OH, and old Moline huh??

Sounds like you have the right idea now!

How big's the engine in the old girl?
Chris

Thats a nice looking old tractor! Love those old molines, and those big displacement engines pull too!

Back